Little Red Honda

Post pictures of your Honda E here
dokidoki

Post by dokidoki »

Verone wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 5:02 pm The colour code should be R565M.

Hmm, never heard of anyone having the option for this other than it being for the limited edition... wonder if it's available for the regular Advance.

I was told that Honda are no longer making the "Pikachu" yellow but now have the option of getting the premium Crystal Red for a regular Advance - for an extra £200 (on top of the metallic paint cost) but looking at the sample I don't think it's the same red :?
UK Advance In Platinum White Pearl on 17"
1st Registered Sep 2022

londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson »

jetbootjack wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 11:24 pm
Externally all the badges are blackened chrome, and the wheels are also only available on this model…

sTeVE
I forgot that the wheels were specific to the red LE version. They look like a fully blacked version of the standard 17” wheels with the same Michelin pilot sport 4 tyres.
2022 Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's - 08/2020-Current
2015 VW Tiguan (Pure White) - 04/2018-Current
1991 Honda Beat PP1 (Festival Red) - 11/2022-Current
nyx

Post by nyx »

Verone wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 5:02 pm
nyx wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 2:31 pm Nice! If you wouldn't mind looking up the paint code in the door well as instructed on https://hond.ae/reference/#paint, I can update that page with the red paint code :)
The colour code should be R565M.

Hmm, never heard of anyone having the option for this other than it being for the limited edition... wonder if it's available for the regular Advance.
Thanks! Could OP jetbootjack please confirm against door well? Would be nice to know for sure before documenting.
hvdhvd

Post by hvdhvd »

nyx wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 11:09 am
nyx wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 2:31 pm Nice! If you wouldn't mind looking up the paint code in the door well as instructed on https://hond.ae/reference/#paint, I can update that page with the red paint code :)

Thanks! Could OP jetbootjack please confirm against door well? Would be nice to know for sure before documenting.
door confirmation on mine
https://ibb.co/TmdnCHJ
nyx

Post by nyx »

hvdhvd wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 8:19 am
nyx wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 11:09 am

door confirmation on mine
https://ibb.co/TmdnCHJ
Thank you! Now it’s on there.
Verone

Post by Verone »

dokidoki wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 8:21 am
Verone wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 5:02 pm The colour code should be R565M.

I was told that Honda are no longer making the "Pikachu" yellow but now have the option of getting the premium Crystal Red for a regular Advance - for an extra £200 (on top of the metallic paint cost) but looking at the sample I don't think it's the same red :?
Just followng up on this - I called in to my dealer here in Reykjavik where I have an e on order, and asked him if the red was only for the Limited Edition. I gave him the paint code and he got on the phone to Honda UK. The response was that while it's not offered in the sales brochure for the car, it can be specificed as an option when you order the car.

Actually turns out that it's no additional cost here in Iceland, so I gave him the go ahead to change my order from Platinum White Pearl to Premium Crystal Red.

While writing this, I just checked out Honda UK's website, and they've officially removed Charge Yellow from the colour line up - the standard colour is now Crystal Black Pearl, and the red is an option for £600, same as the others.

Interesting on the switch, and for sure it'll drive the resale prices for the Charge Yellow cars up, as cars that are available relatively short term in a launch colour or press colour for a limited time tend to resell well after a few years.

Super stoked to get mine in red, delivery should be in January apparently.
Icelandic Advance Limited Edition in Premium Crystal Red on 17" rims
Registered May 2023
Home Type 2 Charging & Free Work Type 2 Charging! Woo!
ODO - 8750km
MattHero

Post by MattHero »

Does make you wonder if there's already excess inventory in black ? Or am I reading too much into the default colour change?
Advance Charge Yellow on 16s.
Verone

Post by Verone »

MattHero wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 6:46 am Does make you wonder if there's already excess inventory in black ? Or am I reading too much into the default colour change?
Could be that, but it's more likely that Charge Yellow was the press colour, and the paint is more expensive, so they've decide to flip the standard colour to black to even the cost of producing yellow cars out. Either that or maybe they've seen more demand for it and less for black, so they're swapping to increase revenue from sales. Both happen in the industry.

We'll never know really I suppose, just glad I can get the red haha
Icelandic Advance Limited Edition in Premium Crystal Red on 17" rims
Registered May 2023
Home Type 2 Charging & Free Work Type 2 Charging! Woo!
ODO - 8750km
Isow

Post by Isow »

The Red E looks nice if you are a Manchester United supporter, but being a Manchester City
supporters , I’m afraid it’s a no no !

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post