Sound deadening Honda e

Faults and Technical chat for the Honda E
mozee

Post by mozee »

So I'm a new owner and was wondering if anyone tried applying some sound deadening on you Honda e?

Maybe applying some dynamat on floor under the carpet? Or on inside of door?

Has anyone had any success of reducing road noise?

londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson »

I've seriously considered it, but never got around to it.

The 17" wheels with worn tyres is actually getting quite noisy & I get the feeling a lot of the noise is coming from them.
2022 Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's - 08/2020-Current
2015 VW Tiguan (Pure White) - 04/2018-Current
1991 Honda Beat PP1 (Festival Red) - 11/2022-Current
EEEE

Post by EEEE »

Changing tyres to michelin primacy 4 did reduce the noise a little for me. I still have the same road noise, but its less boomy than before.
'21 e Advance - Charge Yellow - E1702RR alloys
'17 Civic Sport CVT
'00 Prelude 2.2VTi
mozee

Post by mozee »

EEEE wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 7:38 am Changing tyres to michelin primacy 4 did reduce the noise a little for me. I still have the same road noise, but its less boomy than before.
That's the tyres I was thinking to change to, it came with HANKOOK Kinergy 4s2, and they have a C efficiency rating and are quite noisy (72db).
FMIB

Post by FMIB »

mozee wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 9:10 am
EEEE wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 7:38 am Changing tyres to michelin primacy 4 did reduce the noise a little for me. I still have the same road noise, but its less boomy than before.
That's the tyres I was thinking to change to, it came with HANKOOK Kinergy 4s2, and they have a C efficiency rating and are quite noisy (72db).
Here in the UK all the 17 inch rims are said to come std with Michelin Pilot Sport 4, not the quietest (70/71db), but maybe one of the grippiest.
Maybe the Hankook is specific to your market.
The Primacy 4 does look to have one of the lowest noise ratings, but for sure most of the cars interior noise is coming from the tyres, which generally gets worse as the tyres wear.
Turning up the radio works for me

As a note, I saw that Michelin's E-Primacy now look to be available for the 17 inch rims.
A for rolling resistance and 70db for noise
MaXPainT

Post by MaXPainT »

It might sound crazy, but I am listening to audio books via my wireless headphones while driving. Now before you jump on me with doing so being unsafe, contrary to liestening to music, listening to books leaves enough gaps of silence between the words for the suroundings to be heard. With his tecnique my ICE car was almost as quite as the Honda :D

Anyway, if you are bothered by the noise so much, maybe switching to 16" wheels would be a valid option for you?

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post