MyHonda+ -- dashes in email addresses

Faults and Technical chat for the Honda E
igb

Post by igb »

For the past month, I have been wrestling with Honda support to get MyHonda+ working. They have been helpful, but unsuccessful.

The symptom was that I could get to the point of entering the PIN to confirm ownership, but the application then hung for ten minutes and gave a general error.

Clearly it works for some people, and I was wracking my brains as to "why me?"

It then occurred to me that I was using an email address where the local part (to the left of the @) contained a dash. That's common in corporate email lists and stuff, but not that common in personal email addresses. Given there's not that many 'e's, and the world of recent Jazz owners who also want to mess about with apps is small particularly as the main things you can do with the app -- climate control pre-conditioning and charge management -- don't apply, I suspect that "user of MyHonda+ app who also has dash in the email address they are using" is a niche group.

So I created a new account (private email server) without the dash, and everything sprang into life.

Conclusion (after a month of it not working): don't use email addresses containing anything other than letters and numbers on the left.

EEEE

Post by EEEE »

Thanks for sharing.

Now the mysteries of the forbidden app will vanish - and you'll realise just how bad it is :lol:

Once you lower your expectation back to mid 90's tech, it is workable to check your charge rate and turn on the heating - but it really is quite a painful experience.

Cheers,

Scott
'21 e Advance - Charge Yellow - E1702RR alloys
'17 Civic Sport CVT
'00 Prelude 2.2VTi
igb

Post by igb »

Yeah. So far I am found that there is no point in changing the car's name or adding the registration, because it's lost the next time the app starts. And that without endless refreshing, the locked/unlocked monitoring is very inaccurate.
nyx

Post by nyx »

The name and reg is a fairly recent bug - for me anyway. It stopped working in an update a few months ago. Honda have been made aware and say they’re working on it.

The fact that the locked/lights state does not update automatically when you turn off/lock the car has been the case for all of the 6 months I’ve owned the car, and I suspect it’s always been that way. Not holding out any hope that they’ll address it.