Warrantee Claims

Faults and Technical chat for the Honda E
londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson »

It looks like I spoke too soon.
My drivers door handle & window are playing up again this afternoon.
As I was passing by the Honda dealership I dropped by and booked the car in for next week, assuming that they get the parts in time, unlike last time.
2022 Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's - 08/2020-Current
2015 VW Tiguan (Pure White) - 04/2018-Current
1991 Honda Beat PP1 (Festival Red) - 11/2022-Current

EEEE

Post by EEEE »

The first rule of Honda e club is that you do not talk of your honda e...
'21 e Advance - Charge Yellow - E1702RR alloys
'17 Civic Sport CVT
'00 Prelude 2.2VTi
londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson »

EEEE wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 4:22 pm The first rule of Honda e club is that you do not talk of your honda e...
:lol: :lol: :lol:
2022 Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's - 08/2020-Current
2015 VW Tiguan (Pure White) - 04/2018-Current
1991 Honda Beat PP1 (Festival Red) - 11/2022-Current
Mailforkev

Post by Mailforkev »

My passenger side window is acting up today, might be the cold. Going up and down a few mm constantly.

It did it a couple of times earlier in the year but stopped itself without me doing anything. Might be time to call the dealership. I’m due the annual “service” in mid-Jan anyway.
zemdega

Post by zemdega »

Looks like I will ask to tape handles when give to carwash :D
E_honda

Post by E_honda »

Mailforkev wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 3:36 pm My passenger side window is acting up today, might be the cold. Going up and down a few mm constantly.

It did it a couple of times earlier in the year but stopped itself without me doing anything. Might be time to call the dealership. I’m due the annual “service” in mid-Jan anyway.
I’ve just started getting the same thing this week. The app says the passenger window is open, yet it appears closed. However, it’s making a clicking sound which I guess it the window trying to move up to the closed position.

It seems to stop trying if I lock and unlock the car using the switch, but the app still says the window is open.

Sounds like a warranty claim to me. Oh, and the plastic cover on the inside of the passenger door handle came loose when I closed the door, so that will need replacing whilst I’m there - I think someone else had a similar issue
williamchan

Post by williamchan »

E_honda wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 4:12 pm
Mailforkev wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 3:36 pm My passenger side window is acting up today, might be the cold. Going up and down a few mm constantly.

I’ve just started getting the same thing this week. The app says the passenger window is open, yet it appears closed. However, it’s making a clicking sound which I guess it the window trying to move up to the closed position.

It seems to stop trying if I lock and unlock the car using the switch, but the app still says the window is open.

Sounds like a warranty claim to me. Oh, and the plastic cover on the inside of the passenger door handle came loose when I closed the door, so that will need replacing whilst I’m there - I think someone else had a similar issue
I had the exact same issue for both driver and passenger side, while passenger side window is being affected. The dealer said both handles are faulty and now I am in the stage of waiting for parts. If it's out of warranty then it will cost GBP1,345.00 to repair.

Mine is about to expire in Sep this year and do you guys think an extended warranty (GBP785 for 36 months) is something worth getting?
milligoon

Post by milligoon »

If you are going to keep the e then it's a way to reduce any outlay later on, but that said if you take it out nothing will go wrong ;-)
Ex e owner