Daytime running lights rear

Faults and Technical chat for the Honda E
Staalhammer

Post by Staalhammer »

I would love to have the cool rear lights always turned on with daytime running lights. Does anyone know of a hack? :P

Mailforkev

Post by Mailforkev »

I was only thinking about the same thing earlier, would be nice to have the rears on too.
asjo

Post by asjo »

I agree completely - right now I am manually turning on the lights when starting the car.

Has anyone asked their repair shop if it is possible to do e.g. during a service? Maybe the technicians have access to more stuff than we do...
RondeK

Post by RondeK »

Interesting to know whether function is available in Nordic countries. As far as I know it’s mandatory in Sweden. Then the next question will be how switch car setting to Sweden.
FDAD

Post by FDAD »

I know it's obvious but given the fact many decisions were based in design rather than efficiency.. isn't running those lights all the time reduce the range even further?
Honda E advance [Modern Steel Metallic] 8-) [DELIVERED JULY 2020] - 85 000Kms + ✌️🎂
asjo

Post by asjo »

FDAD wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 4:37 pm isn't running those lights all the time reduce the range even further?
How many watt do you think two circles of red LEDs use? Compared to the energy needed to move a car?

When I had a Citroën Saxo Electrique (built 2002) we considered whether it would make sense to change all the old-style lightbulbs to LEDs. The conclusion was that it would have no noticable effect what-so-ever on (the quite limited) range.
Last edited by asjo on Sun Aug 07, 2022 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
asjo

Post by asjo »

RondeK wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 3:58 pm Interesting to know whether function is available in Nordic countries. As far as I know it’s mandatory in Sweden. Then the next question will be how switch car setting to Sweden.
I don't think rear daytime running lights are mandatory in Sweden (any more) - do you have a source?

The Swedish Transport Agency writes:
Om föreskrivna varsellyktor används på en bil under dagsljus, behöver inte lyktor baktill eller på sidan vara tända. Det innebär att det finns bilar där bakljuset inte tänds samtidigt med varsellyktor. Detta är tillåtet att köra med under dagtid.
· https://www.transportstyrelsen.se/sv/va ... belysning/

Which I translate to: "If the prescribed daytime running lights are used on a car during the daytime, the rear lights and side lights do not have to be on. This means that there are cars where the rear lights do not come on with the daytime running lights. This is allowed during daytime."

I think those are the rules all over the EU?

My Honda e was an exhibition model imported to Denmark from Sweden, by the way :-)
milligoon

Post by milligoon »

Staalhammer wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 3:36 pm I would love to have the cool rear lights always turned on with daytime running lights. Does anyone know of a hack? :P

Yup use the light stalk and set it to side lights :lol:
Ex e owner
RondeK

Post by RondeK »

asjo wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 5:11 pm
RondeK wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 3:58 pm Interesting to know whether function is available in Nordic countries. As far as I know it’s mandatory in Sweden. Then the next question will be how switch car setting to Sweden.
I don't think rear daytime running lights are mandatory in Sweden (any more) - do you have a source?

The Swedish Transport Agency writes:
Om föreskrivna varsellyktor används på en bil under dagsljus, behöver inte lyktor baktill eller på sidan vara tända. Det innebär att det finns bilar där bakljuset inte tänds samtidigt med varsellyktor. Detta är tillåtet att köra med under dagtid.
· https://www.transportstyrelsen.se/sv/va ... belysning/

Which I translate to: "If the prescribed daytime running lights are used on a car during the daytime, the rear lights and side lights do not have to be on. This means that there are cars where the rear lights do not come on with the daytime running lights. This is allowed during daytime."

I think those are the rules all over the EU?

My Honda e was an exhibition model imported to Denmark from Sweden, by the way :-)
Unfortunately you are right. My statement is incorrect. Rear lights are not mandatory combined with DRL. Neither in Sweden, nor Norway or Finland

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post