Quick Plug-in charging system problem

Faults and Technical chat for the Honda E
MattHero

Post by MattHero »

Weirdly, I had this light pop on last week, not while charging, not even after charging, but on the second switch on after charging. I decided to ignore it and when I returned to the car a few hours later, no error. [shrugs] so no idea.
Advance Charge Yellow on 16s.

iHansz

Post by iHansz »

MattHero wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 11:08 am Weirdly, I had this light pop on last week, not while charging, not even after charging, but on the second switch on after charging. I decided to ignore it and when I returned to the car a few hours later, no error. [shrugs] so no idea.
Is Honda trying to tell us something perhaps? :lol:
Dutch Advance in Charge Yellow on 17"
1st registered Oct 2020
Home charger: public charging stations only
FDAD

Post by FDAD »

iHansz wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 12:56 pm
MattHero wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 11:08 am Weirdly, I had this light pop on last week, not while charging, not even after charging, but on the second switch on after charging. I decided to ignore it and when I returned to the car a few hours later, no error. [shrugs] so no idea.
Is Honda trying to tell us something perhaps? :lol:
Only if it's telling you to ignore it... :lol: I've had plenty of colours show up... it's software... it shows warnings. Nothing to worry about.
The E doesn't show the true bad erros to the user so everything that shows up is basically cautionary.
The interpretation is the situation is not ideal but nothing major going on. It should go away, only if something doesn't work right you have reason to take it to the dealer.
Honda E advance [Modern Steel Metallic] 8-) [DELIVERED JULY 2020] - 85 000Kms + ✌️🎂
ZeroEmissionRequiem

Post by ZeroEmissionRequiem »

Have the Finns here tried Plugit DC chargers?

I've tried them twice, and had the same error message both times. Both Plugit DC chargers tried were in the Lippulaiva shopping centre in Espoo.
I've used other DC chargers (ABC, Lidl) without any issues. I did ask whether they're Kempower chargers, but Plugit stated the charger is their own model.
2022 e Advance
Taskinen

Post by Taskinen »

ZeroEmissionRequiem wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 1:00 pm Have the Finns here tried Plugit DC chargers?

I've tried them twice, and had the same error message both times. Both Plugit DC chargers tried were in the Lippulaiva shopping centre in Espoo.
I've used other DC chargers (ABC, Lidl) without any issues. I did ask whether they're Kempower chargers, but Plugit stated the charger is their own model.
If I'm not mistaken, you can definetely see the Kempower branding on the charger itself. You should be able to tell by yourself.

Somebody in this thread said that they have had this problem occured also on different brands of chargers, not just Kempower. I'm not sure, if the software update for the charging contoller from Honda would also fix yours?
ZeroEmissionRequiem

Post by ZeroEmissionRequiem »

Taskinen wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 1:11 pm If I'm not mistaken, you can definetely see the Kempower branding on the charger itself. You should be able to tell by yourself.

Somebody in this thread said that they have had this problem occured also on different brands of chargers, not just Kempower. I'm not sure, if the software update for the charging contoller from Honda would also fix yours?
Took the car in for its first service, and mentioned the issue. They said they did a software update on the charging system, and apparently a few other updates. I just tried the Plugit charger again; no issues. It doesn't say Kempower anywhere btw.
2022 e Advance
hondaeboy

Post by hondaeboy »

Taskinen wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 5:24 pm
londiniumperson wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 3:08 pm See this topic:
Tesla Supercharger Network Opened To Non-Tesla In UK
Interesting. Seems very similar problem, although mine is not caused by Tesla charger.

I just tried charging with a 22 kW AC charger (7,2 kW for Honda e) and the charging worked but it did not clear the errors.

Then I tried charging with a 50 kW fast DC charger, which had worked previously. But now immediately after connecting the cable to the car, the charging lid light starts flashing red. If I try to start the charging, after the handshake attempt the charger says that it was unable to establish a connection to the car.

So now the DC charging is completely broken. I will call Honda service on Monday.
Same thing happened to me today with Dutch 350 kW Ionity charger. Same error message and same problems afterwards. Will also go to dealer tomorrow.

Also had several charging issues with Danish Ionity chargers, but not with German ones. Charges would stop after less than 10 minutes, give a non descript error, and would not allow any charge to restart. No error on the dash though, so in those cases I could do fast charges elsewhere (luckily).

Only had issues with Ionity for some reason. I will avoid them like the plague from now on (just like Tesla superchargers). I have filed reports for each of the incidents at ionity.eu, and will do the same at Honda (if that does anything).

honda-e-loading.jpg

2021 Honda e Advance on 16" RC30 wheels with Goodyear 195/55 & 205/55 tyres.
Wrapped in Red metallic with full black and cinnamon leather interior.
iHansz

Post by iHansz »

Also suffer with Ionity. Chargers don't work at all. I won't go there anymore, just like Tesla. Fortunately, there are more fast chargers than just Ionity or Tesla. We should not expect any response from Honda, as they are no longer paying attention to our e. :cry: I think they have already pulled the plug, literally and figuratively, and will now grant all attention to the e:Ny1.
Dutch Advance in Charge Yellow on 17"
1st registered Oct 2020
Home charger: public charging stations only
mesa

Post by mesa »

It's getting hard to find a 50KW DC charger these days, most are 300KW. It doesn't really matter though as the car and charger negotiate a charging rate. The last time I charged it was at a 300KW charger and the rate was about 25KW dropping to 18KW at 75%. The low initial charge is because I started at 60%. I prefer the 300KW chargers as they are a bit more reliable in my experience and have more features.

Not really related but I like the bilkraft app which displays the charging rate and charge.
Charge Yellow e Advance
SpainMalaga

Post by SpainMalaga »

Same problem using a Tesla v3 charger with my Honda e in Malaga (Spain). I had uploaded once before with CCS but there was no problem.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post