Honda App Center not working

Faults and Technical chat for the Honda E
Mototel

Post by Mototel »

Hello!
Yesterday my Aquarium has disappeared. When I tried to reinstall it from Honda app center like I did it before, I received no network error.
I am connected with data sharing on and the date and time are correct.
May someone help, please?

20221108_163610.jpg

Tonxzy

Post by Tonxzy »

Have the same problem. Honda told me, Honda App center won't work in the future anymore. So keep the aquarium safe. Or visit the local dealer who can reinstall the fish tank.
'20 Honda E Advance white
'13 Honda Civic 1.6DTEC
'05 Honda Civic VSA 2.0
Accord

Post by Accord »

Just received my new car.
App center shows the same message, aquarium is not installed.

Is there any way to install via USB?

This sucks..
Accord

Post by Accord »

Damnit, looks like the webpage is down as well.

https://globalappcenter.com/region

This does confirm what I was suspecting from the new manual - all entries regarding the apps and the App Center were removed.

But does anyone have the apk for the aquarium? I’m guessing they never updated it. I’m kinda angry at myself for not just immediately downloading it when I ordered the car last year.

I know the aquarium is just a stupid gimmick, but I want that stupid gimmick. All the reviewers are always talking about it, so now I want it.

Well at least I have a confirmed “2023 model”.
HausO

Post by HausO »

Here is a link to the APK-file and a installation in German language. https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jrhdk8y3vzne ... xhqaZaNH8w
RAL7004

Post by RAL7004 »

Does this actually mean that you can install any files via USB?
The software is based on Windows CE, isn't it?

However, apart from the developers of the aquarium, there is probably no one else who would develop software for this dinosaur...
asjo

Post by asjo »

It is an old version of Android.
Accord

Post by Accord »

RAL7004 wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 11:00 pm Does this actually mean that you can install any files via USB?

However, apart from the developers of the aquarium, there is probably no one else who would develop software for this dinosaur...
In theory - yes, but the apps are probably signed?

It is Android, so someone with the right knowledge would probably find a way to side load any app to it. I would love for that to happen.

As of for now I've disabled Personal Assistant and App Center through the Android app settings. Aha was already disabled.

This means that there won't be an entry for them in the "All Apps" menu.
Accord

Post by Accord »

HausO wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 9:30 pm Here is a link to the APK-file and a installation in German language. https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jrhdk8y3vzne ... xhqaZaNH8w
OMG I LOVE YOU!

...I mean, "thank you sir".

It worked perfectly. I just had to try a couple of USB-sticks. Worked perfectly with my Kingston HyperX 64GB. Install was super fast.

My daughter is going to be so happy when I pick her up from school. Thanks again! Highly appreciated.
Banana Jack

Post by Banana Jack »

I'm super happy that my Honda E is now fishy once again. Thank you so much Houso!
Accord wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 8:11 am As of for now I've disabled Personal Assistant and App Center through the Android app settings. Aha was already disabled. This means that there won't be an entry for them in the "All Apps" menu.
Accord, I'd love to do this too in order to tidy up the car menu. I can't find the Android app settings though - is this in the car menu system? Or do I need to connect the car to an Android smartphone? Please help me! Thanks.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post