Blurred cameras, especially at night

Faults and Technical chat for the Honda E
pollypocket

Post by pollypocket »

Hello, I've had my e for 2 years and after a recent service the rear view and wing mirror shows as out of focus and blurry, especially at night. The only way I can describe it is if you look at a bright light and squint! Any headlights from other cars behind me appear with a halo effect which makes it really difficult to decipher what lanes cars are in on dual carriageways or motorways.

The dealer has taken a look and can't figure out what's wrong. It never used to be like this - the screens were always really crisp, day and night.

Any thoughts or ideas on how to fix please?

FDAD

Post by FDAD »

pollypocket wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 6:13 pm Hello, I've had my e for 2 years and after a recent service the rear view and wing mirror shows as out of focus and blurry, especially at night. The only way I can describe it is if you look at a bright light and squint! Any headlights from other cars behind me appear with a halo effect which makes it really difficult to decipher what lanes cars are in on dual carriageways or motorways.

The dealer has taken a look and can't figure out what's wrong. It never used to be like this - the screens were always really crisp, day and night.

Any thoughts or ideas on how to fix please?
The dealer is your best bet as they are more capable of diagnosing the system.

However that usually happens when the camera lens has fogging it doesn't necessarily have to be out of focus.
Honda E advance [Modern Steel Metallic] 8-) [DELIVERED JULY 2020] - 85 000Kms + ✌️🎂
EEEE

Post by EEEE »

sounds like some product has been used when cleaning the car which has left a residue on the lenses.

The rearview mirror camera however is fully within the car, so the rearview mirror view shouldn't have been touched, unless there is something also on the glass.

Try cleaning the side view camera lenses with some warm soapy water and a new cloth, and dry with clean cloth only. The rear view mirror camera is right at the top, in the middle, of the rear windscreen.
'21 e Advance - Charge Yellow - E1702RR alloys
'17 Civic Sport CVT
'00 Prelude 2.2VTi