Panel warning when I turn off the car

Faults and Technical chat for the Honda E
PaulR

Post by PaulR »

Hi,

I recently bought my Honda e and I am over the moon with the experience of driving it.

However, I always get the same panel sign when I turn off the car. And I couldn't find anything about it on the drivers manual or online. Have any of you experience the same thing? I am attaching the sign picture!
Thank you all! :)

WhatsApp Image 2023-01-16 at 09.09.18.jpg

Man-e

Post by Man-e »

Its the rear seat reminder - Page 230 of the On-line Owner's Manual

https://www.honda.co.uk/cars/owners/man ... ressed.pdf

rear seat.JPG

MattHero

Post by MattHero »

Weirdly I find this kinda useful, as I often pop grocery shopping between the front and rear seats (to keep bags upright) when I'm driving and it's a reminder when I arrive home that the food isn't in the boot.

Niche, but it's still a legit use case!
Advance Charge Yellow on 16s.
Jy2020

Post by Jy2020 »

There was a software update and recall for this about 2 years ago, the only one Honda have released, I think.
If it continues to appear and car is not a new buy maybe worth checking to see if update necessary from a dealer.
Honda E Advance Crystal Blue 17" tyres Urban and protection pack
londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson »

I was under the impression that the recall was in regards "the rear seatbelt status is not displayed after the power is turned on" as in this thread First recall.

It’s weird but I also saw that icon last week for the very first and only time on the dash of a courtesy car whilst mine was in for repairs, but there was nothing in the rear passenger area. I’ve never, ever seen that on my car, whether I’ve had passengers or items in the rear, either on the seats or in the rear foot well.
2022 Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's - 08/2020-Current
2015 VW Tiguan (Pure White) - 04/2018-Current
1991 Honda Beat PP1 (Festival Red) - 11/2022-Current
EEEE

Post by EEEE »

Same here - I have never seen that on me E in nearly 18 months of ownership. I regularly put things on the back seats or the floor behind the front seats (Because the boot is so useless) and it has never reminded me.

Come to think of it, is there a setting in the menu somewhere for it?
'21 e Advance - Charge Yellow - E1702RR alloys
'17 Civic Sport CVT
'00 Prelude 2.2VTi
MattHero

Post by MattHero »

I should point out that I have had the recall fix applied and as londiniumperson suggests above, it's for a different - if adjacent - issue.
Advance Charge Yellow on 16s.
londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson »

EEEE wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 10:42 am Same here - I have never seen that on me E in nearly 18 months of ownership. I regularly put things on the back seats or the floor behind the front seats (Because the boot is so useless) and it has never reminded me.

Come to think of it, is there a setting in the menu somewhere for it?
Yes there is a setting, I must have turned it off in my car, it’s under ‘Meter Setup’ in the ‘Vehicle Settings’ menu.
2022 Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's - 08/2020-Current
2015 VW Tiguan (Pure White) - 04/2018-Current
1991 Honda Beat PP1 (Festival Red) - 11/2022-Current
MaXPainT

Post by MaXPainT »

I am constantly seeing this message if the rear door has been opened before driving. Works as described in the manual and is somehow useful.
PaulR

Post by PaulR »

Thank you! :)

"it activates when the rear doors are opened" That is the problem, it is always showing even though the rear doors aren't opened.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post