Help - warning lights all over dash

Faults and Technical chat for the Honda E
dbkiwi

Post by dbkiwi »

Hello everyone,

Please see attached video. Has anyone seen anything like this for their Honda E and could recommend a fix? I’ve replaced the 12v battery and unfortunately this did nothing to help. The car has been doing it since yesterday, for no apparent reason… *gulp*

https://share.icloud.com/photos/038qm0D ... OrwnjLF7Sg

EEEE

Post by EEEE »

Not seen anything like that myself.

My guessing is that its related to something braking/abs.

Did the 12v battery go flat first, or did the trouble start first?

Whilst it might be tedious, check all of the fuses - the low voltage on the 12v system situation could have led to a blown fuse. If the trouble happened out of no where, still worth checking the fuses but unlikely to be the cause.

There was a post on here where someone said the electronic brake actuator failed and produced a lot of lights - possibly similar...

Let us know what you find.
'21 e Advance - Charge Yellow - E1702RR alloys
'17 Civic Sport CVT
'00 Prelude 2.2VTi
hondaeboy

Post by hondaeboy »

dbkiwi wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 4:35 am Has anyone seen anything like this for their Honda E and could recommend a fix?
I’ve replaced the 12v battery and unfortunately this did nothing to help. The car has been doing it since yesterday, for no apparent reason… *gulp*
Yes, I have had this issue as well, but only after I had disabled the "bum start" option.

You can set the car so it actually turns on as soon as your bum hits the driver's seat, but you can also set the car so that it only turns on when you actually press the "Power" button.

The problem with the latter option is that the 12V battery is pretty tiny, and the amount of screens in the car is, well, not tiny. The battery is dead in no-time, if the car hasn't been powered on. I think there's something unnecessarily funky with the way they designed the way the little 12V battery is charged (or not), but it is what it is.

After I let the car sit for a while, the big EV battery charged the little 12V battery again, and when I turned on the "bum start" option again, I've never had the issue anymore.
2021 Honda e Advance on 16" RC30 wheels with Goodyear 195/55 & 205/55 tyres.
Wrapped in Red metallic with full black and cinnamon leather interior.
dbkiwi

Post by dbkiwi »

Thanks everyone for your help so far! Really appreciate the advice and support from other owners.

Today I’ve tried the following:

- Turning the car off and on multiple time
- Charging up my 12v battery with a trickle charger
- Replacing the 12v battery with a new 12v battery
- Used a multi-metre to confirm the battery is charging, it goes up to 14.6v for a little while, and then drops back down to 12.6v
- Checking the following fuses: Fuses 1-27 in Fuse Box A, and the battery fuse in Fuse Box B.
- Checked the brake fluid levels are between High and Low

Unfortunately none of the above appears to have helped with this.

I’m wondering if it’s the brake actuator as I tried driving the car in and out of my garage and the brake performance didn’t feel anything like normal.
EEEE

Post by EEEE »

The post is here with a few more follow up details. Sounds exactly like what you have experienced.

viewtopic.php?p=14118#p14118

Pretty worrying that it's possibly 2 reported incidents of the same fault, on what are fairly new and low mileage cars. I guess at least the reported failures haven't been whilst driving!

Recall in the making maybe...
'21 e Advance - Charge Yellow - E1702RR alloys
'17 Civic Sport CVT
'00 Prelude 2.2VTi
dbkiwi

Post by dbkiwi »

Hey,

Thanks for posting the link to this.

Sounds exactly the same issue as me. All the same errors, and the brake peddle feels very different - have to push it hard and the car takes a long time to stop. Drove it from my garage around my street and felt unsafe so immediately stopped. Like the other poster, my steering assist warning light also comes on, which surprised me as not related to the brake actuator I would have thought - but, their explanation makes sense…
milligoon

Post by milligoon »

Maybe a loose connection somewhere?, have you driven through any deep water recently?
Ex e owner
johhay

Post by johhay »

Did you get this issue resolved? Having the same issue with a '20 E, 26,000 kM
CDot

Post by CDot »

I have been experiencing the same warning lights since the cold weather set. Two days ago and again this morning, brakes feels very stiff and difficult to push down fully. Total of 11no warning lights flashing non-stop. I read the posts referred above and it could be the brake booster. Regrettably my car came out of warranty last year so hope its not too expensive to replace.

viewtopic.php?p=14118#p14118
Peter-E

Post by Peter-E »

I began to see the same warning lights last december. First few times they went away after turning the vehicle off and on again. Eventually the warnings came on every single time. The car felt unsafe to drive, so I had my dealer come pick it up and look at it. It has been in at the dealer's since the week before Christmas, because the necessary part is in back order. The first ETA was end of January, but has since been postponed to the beginning of March... Yikes! Apparently Honda Logistics (for Europe I presume) has a system of regular orders and so called 'hot line' orders, as explained by my (very helpful I have to say) dealer. Hot line orders are more urgent, so they get priority over regular orders. Which means the part in question seems to be either in demand, or there simply is no stock to speak of. Who knows. Consequently my dealer had also applied for a hot line order. The price of the part in question is around 1700 Euro... Yikes again!
My car is out of warranty since June last year, but because of the low mileage (less than 30000 km), my dealer applied to Honda Belgium to have it fixed under warranty. Honda Belgium declined, because the car was originally registered in Spain. (I bought it second hand from a Honda Service Centre here in Belgium in 2022)
Luckily I can share my parents' car, as they don't do a lot of driving anymore.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post