Rear view mirror position

Faults and Technical chat for the Honda E
Fed

Post by Fed »

Hi All !

First post here, will make sure to write a little presentation when I find some time.

My question is regarding the central rear view mirror... When in mirror mode is there a way to adjust the physical position of the mirror ? I could not find any clear indication on this point in the user manual and when trying to move it around manually it's super stiff and won't budge a mm...

It sounds wrong that I am not able to adjust it's position, I must be missing something...

Reuben80

Post by Reuben80 »

Mine moves like any normal mirror without problem. Strange.
Fed

Post by Fed »

Thanks for confirming @Reuben80. I gave it another go and it was indeed just very stiff. I guess it had not been moved in ages and the plastics got a bit dry (Picked-up the car yesterday).
MaXPainT

Post by MaXPainT »

I had the same issue. It was very stiff when I tried moving it for the first time. To the point that I've also decided to check the manual before I break something. Maybe this is how it should be on a new car? Never owned one before :)
Fed

Post by Fed »

Thanks it makes me feel less stupid :lol:
I am pretty sure the previous owner never touched it.
ZoeDave

Post by ZoeDave »

1. I don't see anything here that should make you feel stupid.

2. Much better to feel stupid than having to walk into the dealer holding a bunch of plastic, wires and mirror, fearing a huge row and/or huge bill!
Verone

Post by Verone »

Honestly, when I took delivery of my e brand new back in May, the rear view mirror was SUPER hard to move, and I was scared I was going to break it off the first time I positioned it. Totally feel where you're coming from here.

I think that given it has more weight in it because it's also a screen and whatnot, they made the mount and the ball join pretty heavy duty.

Nothing to feel stupid about at all, I almost gave myself a hernia trying to move mine around the first time :P
Icelandic Advance Limited Edition in Premium Crystal Red on 17" rims
Registered May 2023
Home Type 2 Charging & Free Work Type 2 Charging! Woo!
ODO - 8750km

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post