Map updates

Faults and Technical chat for the Honda E
Reuben80

Post by Reuben80 »

Can somebody who has the car already ask your dealer or knows how map updates will work please?
Will they be over the air with the infotainment updates or via the dealer and if free or not?

Trykpaa

Post by Trykpaa »

Reuben80 wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 10:01 am Can somebody who has the car already ask your dealer or knows how map updates will work please?
Will they be over the air with the infotainment updates or via the dealer and if free or not?
Normally with Honda/Garmin maps are updated with a USB. Can be done by anybody for free.
iHansz

Post by iHansz »

My current Honda also has that (always outdated) navigation from Garmin/HERE and the updates go through a SD card. Is not free (costs 150 euros) per year. Which I only did once. The only nice thing about the navigation is that voice resembles our last Queen Beatrix. :lol: Would advise to use Google or Apple Maps, they are always up-to-date.
Dutch Advance in Charge Yellow on 17"
1st registered Oct 2020
Home charger: public charging stations only
Left4Cookies

Post by Left4Cookies »

The fact that the newest version of iOS is coming with EV chargers and routing based on those just makes the case for just using CarPlay navigation even better I’d say.
Reuben80

Post by Reuben80 »

It's a shame that it does not connect online to have the map always updated, live traffic etc. Why they have to make money out of the map when other maps are free.....
RAL7004

Post by RAL7004 »

Don't complain. At Porsche, until recent models a map update used to cost 300 Euros and you had to go to the dealership.

And look at the development at Honda since the (phenomenal) Honda Gyrocator:

RAL7004

Post by RAL7004 »

Trykpaa

Post by Trykpaa »

iHansz wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 11:31 am My current Honda also has that (always outdated) navigation from Garmin/HERE and the updates go through a SD card. Is not free (costs 150 euros) per year.
First 5 years are included:

Honda vehicles with Garmin Navigation come with 5 years of map updates at no cost. The navigation systems are updated using a computer and our Garmin Express application.

The navigation does have traffic information and similar. This is not part of the map. Works fine in my old Civic. I have had maps installed in the Civic but actually prefer Garmins solution as it is car focused.
iHansz

Post by iHansz »

Strange. I just had to pay for the update in 2014 (car is from 2013 and software was already outdated, at least 2 years behind). Tried to get software in a "different" :shock: way, but system kept asking for codes I didn't have. It is true that it receives traffic information, but in terms of roads, the system is always behind the current situation. But hey, it is 2020 now, so maybe a few things have changed. In any case, I am not a big fan of the standard navigation.
Dutch Advance in Charge Yellow on 17"
1st registered Oct 2020
Home charger: public charging stations only
FDAD

Post by FDAD »

An open app store would fix all my problems.
Honda E advance [Modern Steel Metallic] 8-) [DELIVERED JULY 2020] - 85 000Kms + ✌️🎂