Infotainment system shutdown.

Faults and Technical chat for the Honda E
FDAD

Post by FDAD »

Reuben80 wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 2:44 pm
FDAD wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 2:13 pm
sbullo wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:07 pm It is now shutting down every few minutes. :-(
First 5 days it was working perfectly.
Mine does that to from time to time if I have loud music + hot day... The solution seems to turn the music off for a few minutes (20 + -) (I suspect the amp overheating. I had a fast message popup in red at the bottom of the first screen saying 92.5ºc and it went black right after). it goes just fine after that. The worst i've had was having to do over 130kms without stereo because of that. But that was it... it has been working just fine. ;)
The JAP did not account for Algarve's heat :lol: :lol:
It is not a good sign as here is also hot.
Needs AC circulation in the system then.
I have not experienced any more shutdowns since... over a week now.. it has been colder too so..
Honda E advance [Modern Steel Metallic] 8-) [DELIVERED JULY 2020] - 85 000Kms + ✌️🎂

FDAD

Post by FDAD »

New developments... I'm in a dispute with Honda now unfortunatly... 😑
Honda E advance [Modern Steel Metallic] 8-) [DELIVERED JULY 2020] - 85 000Kms + ✌️🎂
sbullo

Post by sbullo »

Mine hasn't locked up since I did the factory reset, so hopefully it was just a glitch, maybe related to the updates before delivery...?
Adv. 16" Wheels
FDAD

Post by FDAD »

sbullo wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 1:19 pm Mine hasn't locked up since I did the factory reset, so hopefully it was just a glitch, maybe related to the updates before delivery...?
I wish.... Did 3 factory resets already... and If I just start using too much.. it gets worse. I have multiple videos I'll post here. I've been silent for a wile because I was expecting some answers from Honda, Unfortunately they admit there is some problem with the system but they've been rescheduling a visit to the dealer for 4 weeks now. Honestly I think that I expected too much from Honda, the most modern car I have to compare it to is a CLA merc and the MBUX is just too good honestly.
I've had that as standard for me, It's not a ZOE and for the price I expected more than 2 good screens that can't even say the battery's state of health or how much regen I've used in a given trip (BMW's i3 does this) the fact that you cant customise multiple driving profiles (2 at least) and them staying that way not reseting every time you turn of the car, have an ECO mode also, that with the fact that is just slow. Painfully slow. Having already 5450Kms in the car I've had plenty of time to see were it gets right and were it promises too much.

There are plenty of players in the EV world now.. some for years, Honda could just have made their homework.

The car itself it a joy to drive I've had plenty of fun it's a shame that lacks functionality.

As of right now I already got to see that even if they exchange that infotainment for a new unit, that base system is there and I'm not going to get a miracle improvement (maybe when a new model comes out) so sooner or later I'll customise it myself.

I know this seems a rant but... it's not. It's me getting frustrated at how good it could be (the infotainment), vs how it really is.

Videos below... (not all because of size limit) they've told me to record them and sent it to their technical department :|

The first 2 videos are parte of the same recording.
p1.mp4
(1.24 MiB) Downloaded 195 times
p2.mp4
(7.2 MiB) Downloaded 184 times
I was already driving for 3 minutes when I decided to let my girlfriend record it...
VID_20200921_210536_1.mp4
(7.91 MiB) Downloaded 219 times
FDAD

Post by FDAD »

I have news... this Monday I got it to the dealer and Honda acknowledged that the system did not throw any errors and that it's a design fault. The processor/ram are not enough to power the system properly. They said that can't do nothing at the moment. But that they were working to find a solution.
I warned them that if the system lags right now.. If they add any apps etc its going to be much worse.
I also commented on LKAS and CMBS and the possibility of having a permanent turn off option. Having a proper trip report (AVG SPEED/AVG CONSUMPTION + AVG REGEN).

Now the difficult part... having to wait.
Left4Cookies

Post by Left4Cookies »

That's sad to hear. I'm not surprised by their statement that it's not powerful enough. I get occassional lag on CarPlay when streaming music from Spotify. I'm not sure if it's the phone, car or connection. This afternoon I'll try it using a cabled connection and with an updated phone (iOS 14), but it's not something I've experienced in other CarPlay cars.
SwissChris

Post by SwissChris »

Do you guys also experience a lag in Google Maps navigation via wireless CarPlay? In my car it is behind by about 5-10 secs...
Left4Cookies

Post by Left4Cookies »

SwissChris wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 12:21 pm Do you guys also experience a lag in Google Maps navigation via wireless CarPlay? In my car it is behind by about 5-10 secs...
I do sometimes with Apple Maps from CarPlay within the first minute(ish). It's as if it has to warm up. It doesn't seem consistent though IF I get it, but if I do, it's always in the very beginning of the drive.
Reuben80

Post by Reuben80 »

I don't have the car yet so I might be saying an insignificant solution but do you close unused apps by swiping them upwards? That might help with low ram.
NewCode

Post by NewCode »

I’ve had no issues at all, but all I use on the car is CarPlay really. Haven’t seen the lag others have mentioned at all while using CarPlay either.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post