Window not fully closed when door locked

Faults and Technical chat for the Honda E
londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson »

Today I noticed that when I closed, then locked my drivers door, the window failed to close fully.
I unlocked and opened the door and the window stayed in it's lowered state, with the car powered on the window could not be raised any further using the switch. I also confirmed all of the other windows were correctly closed.
I then powered off the car and closed the door, this time it the window closed fully after about 15 seconds, then I locked the car.
I know that there is nothing that can be done by the dealer but I guess that I should call then to log the issue with them/Honda UK.
This is the state that the nearside rear window was in on a few weeks ago.

Drivers_window.jpg

Drivers_door.jpg

2022 Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's - 08/2020-Current
2015 VW Tiguan (Pure White) - 04/2018-Current
1991 Honda Beat PP1 (Festival Red) - 11/2022-Current

milligoon

Post by milligoon »

I wonder if your 12v battery is a bit low?
Ex e owner
londiniumperson

I do realise that even though the door looks closed, there's a very slim possibility that it wasn't fully latched but then it shouldn't allow the doors to lock. On other cars that I have owned where it the door isn't 100% closed it will unlock straight away to indicate at least one door/boot is not fully closed.

I can't see why 12v battery would be the issue because I had just driven a few miles and was locking the car, but then there's no way to confirm either way unless a control module logs this.
Isow

Post by Isow »

You can reset the windows on other makes of vehicles.
I don’t know if it works on the E.
Hold the front window buttons in the driver’s door down together for 10 -15 seconds. This might reset them.
Then put the windows up. They should go all the way up.
londiniumperson

Isow wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 8:18 pm You can reset the windows on other makes of vehicles.
I don’t know if it works on the E.
Hold the front window buttons in the driver’s door down together for 10 -15 seconds. This might reset them.
Then put the windows up. They should go all the way up.
I have not reset the door windows and they now fully close.
londiniumperson

I have checked and the windows fully shut when the door is closed, even when the door is very gently shut.
There was definitely an issue on 31 Dec, however unless Honda admit this then I can't see the dealer doing anything.
I have reported this to my dealer asking them to contact Honda UK to log this and try to determine the cause & a solution,
londiniumperson

If this happens again and if I have time, I'll see what if anything the app shows as to the window status.
d11

Post by d11 »

Hello. Sorry for a bit offtopic, but maybe somebody more experienced here can give me advice with my window issue as well.

My passanger window klicks and moves slightly up and down during driving. Just like that. Like in every 15-20 seconds there is a small clicking sound of window engine engaging and movement of the window. Clicking ends when i press window lock button. I'm sure there is some logic explanation to that, why the windo wants to be manually locked not to click, but this far its mystery to me. Same thing happened to my test-drive Advance as well, and it just went back to normal the other day.
londiniumperson

d11 wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 5:05 pm Hello. Sorry for a bit offtopic, but maybe somebody more experienced here can give me advice with my window issue as well.

My passanger window klicks and moves slightly up and down during driving. Just like that. Like in every 15-20 seconds there is a small clicking sound of window engine engaging and movement of the window. Clicking ends when i press window lock button. I'm sure there is some logic explanation to that, why the windo wants to be manually locked not to click, but this far its mystery to me. Same thing happened to my test-drive Advance as well, and it just went back to normal the other day.
That appears to be a symptom of the passenger door not fully closed/latched, my theory would be that as you are driving the door is moving open slightly and the sensor detects this and opens the window in readiness for the door being opened, which has to happen because they are frameless, otherwise the window will catch the door rubber, then as the door moves closed it then winds the window up.
Another possibility is that there's an issue with the door closed/opened sensor and it believes the door is being opened/closed when in fact it isn't.
MainMind

Post by MainMind »

Same problem, with left hand drive car. Problem with passenger door (right front door 8-) )

I wil try 10 seconds reset... on my dealer try with confort mode reset:
Down window
5 seconds down
Up window
5 seconds up

Also, i will try:

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post