Car wash mode

Faults and Technical chat for the Honda E
iHansz

Post by iHansz »

Marmite wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 7:13 pm Deactivate auto parking brake if it's on, also helps.

One thing I strongly recommend NOT to do when you go into those pulled car wash is, using digital key on your phone. I was foolish enough to leave the key fob at home. Starting the engine was nightmare after the tunnel and everybody behind me loved me unconditionally.
Thanks for the tip! 8-)
Dutch Advance in Charge Yellow on 17"
1st registered Oct 2020
Home charger: public charging stations only

Billstockportuk

Post by Billstockportuk »

RAL7004 & Marmite, many thanks for the advice.
londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson »

Marmite wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 7:13 pm Deactivate auto parking brake if it's on, also helps.

One thing I strongly recommend NOT to do when you go into those pulled car wash is, using digital key on your phone. I was foolish enough to leave the key fob at home. Starting the engine was nightmare after the tunnel and everybody behind me loved me unconditionally.
I'm waiting for a YouTuber to do just that and show the queue of angry drivers stuck in the car wash whilst they try to start up the car afterwards with the app :lol:
2022 Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's - 08/2020-Current
2015 VW Tiguan (Pure White) - 04/2018-Current
1991 Honda Beat PP1 (Festival Red) - 11/2022-Current
iHansz

Post by iHansz »

I found out why the official car wash mode didn't work. You must not have it in one pedal drive. (And I always drive with one pedal on) Then it will work, or you just turn off all the safety warnings. No beeping or alarms. 😎
Dutch Advance in Charge Yellow on 17"
1st registered Oct 2020
Home charger: public charging stations only
Marmite

Post by Marmite »

Aww, that's great iHansz, I shall remember that.

So, my final to do/don't do list for Car wash :

1. Have key fob, don't start One pedal mode
2. Auto parking brake off (position P & pull up P & one beep)
3. Auto window wiper off (push up to the top)
4. Once ready on the starting place, start Car wash mode (foot brake on & position N & press power button)

5. change to position P to cancel Car wash mode, then start car by press power button, position D, move out normally....

You can tell I'm still traumatized with memory... alarm going off, car wash people gathering, knocking side window & trying to push my e out... aghhhhh
2020 e Advance : Modern Steel Metallic + blue accent :mrgreen:
MaXPainT

Post by MaXPainT »

Today was my first day in a conveyor car wash with the Honda. Luckily, I found this thread before proceeding so my experience was pretty smooth. I didn't want to bother with the car wash mode, so instead I have turned off the wipers and all the safety features under the safety config (probably there is no need to turn off the lane assist and the traction control). Then I have put the car in neutral and got us dragger through the car wash without a single beep. By the end of it I had to step on the breaks to turn on the drive mode, other than that, nothing interesting to report. To sum up, I am not recommending using any washing method other than hand washing. But if you find yourself in a situation with no other option, conveyor car wash with Honda E is an easy one.