Pop up hood warning

Faults and Technical chat for the Honda E
Vacaloca

Post by Vacaloca »

I've just had a quote from honda for £1713 for the same issue! Absolutely not a mark on the bumper, but they say someone must have revesred into my car whilst it was parked and it triggered the pop up hood warning. Seems absolutely ludicrous!! Anyone else getting this issue? I just can't believe that the slightest touch on the bumper can cause 1700 pounds of damage!

Reuben80

Post by Reuben80 »

Vacaloca wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 10:56 pm I've just had a quote from honda for £1713 for the same issue! Absolutely not a mark on the bumper, but they say someone must have revesred into my car whilst it was parked and it triggered the pop up hood warning. Seems absolutely ludicrous!! Anyone else getting this issue? I just can't believe that the slightest touch on the bumper can cause 1700 pounds of damage!
That amount is if the whole system activated. Tell them it is only the sensor to be replaced, because the hood did not pop up. They are just seeing wrong quotation price. It could be also the alignment, not even necessary to be replaced. But in order to know that, they still need to dismantle the front of the car so would cost you money anyway.
EV70EEE

Post by EV70EEE »

Hi, you need to run diagnostics on the car. It will give you a fault code. This will tell you where the problem is. I believe it's likely the airbag crash module. Also known as a airbag module. Honda will simply replace for brand new one in. However many people and companies simply can reprogram the module. It's located behind HDMI area. Also the struts of the hood may have been activated so will need to be reconditioned or changed.

hope this helps
FDAD

Post by FDAD »

You can try something like this, only off-road use approved or use at your own risk.

https://www.nengun.com/top-secret/gtr-p ... emoval-kit

Usually, AUS and JDM market don't even come with this system only EURO spec cars (It's also useless as proved with EURO NCAP rating :lol: )
Honda E advance [Modern Steel Metallic] 8-) [DELIVERED JULY 2020] - 85 000Kms + ✌️🎂

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post