MyHonda+ Digital Key

Faults and Technical chat for the Honda E
Highanddry

Post by Highanddry »

So the key in fixing the digital key stuck in the "subscription pending" loop is to escalate over the dealership.
They managed to get this done probably with the ever so helpful connected service people.
Then I got the email and the whole abundance of digital keynish is opening up to you...

RCH

Post by RCH »

My iOS app’s Digital Key worked for a week. Just tried it now and now it doesn’t. Go figure!
Larbor

Post by Larbor »

RCH wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 5:55 pm My iOS app’s Digital Key worked for a week. Just tried it now and now it doesn’t. Go figure!
It has worked since day 1 without issues and still does.
RCH

Post by RCH »

@renedekat, the Digital Key is working again for me when I checked this morning. So, it was probably a Honda server-side issue. As always, I appreciate your feedback!
Larbor

Post by Larbor »

RCH wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 12:30 pm @renedekat, the Digital Key is working again for me when I checked this morning. So, it was probably a Honda server-side issue. As always, I appreciate your feedback!
That’s good to hear. Please note that there was a massive outage of services yesterday due to a Fastly error. Services like Etsy, Shopify and Spotify and many more, were functioning at reduced performance or not at all.
TechJamo

Post by TechJamo »

londiniumperson wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 8:55 pm I can unlock the car using the app or NFC, then power up the car and drive off.
This is how the app should have been designed, i.e. Bluetooth/NFC because it doesn't need an internet or eSIM connection.

One issue that I've found is that the window open/close function doesn't work.

One piece of advice, don't use the app to lock yourself in the car because it's likely that you'll set off the car alarm and it's a pain stopping it without the key :shock:
I've been trying for ages, but can't seem to get as far as you.

I keep getting an error about the Honda Digital Key subscription when I try to activate it in the app.

Can't tell if the issue is with my phone or my car...

Screenshot_20210612-061807.jpg

Screenshot_20210612-020733.jpg

Screenshot_20210612-020713.jpg

Screenshot_20210612-020014.jpg

Best wishes,

Joel Justin | Founder & Content Creator
TECH JAMO YouTube Channel

Social Media: @TechJamo

Telephone/WhatsApp: +44 7586504544

MailTo: Hello@techjamo.com
TechJamo

Post by TechJamo »

milligoon wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 6:36 pm Need a bit of info from each of us to see when it's not working if there's a common theme.
Mine is activated through the subscription and I had the email.
I am in UK.
Sony Experia 1
Android 11
My Honda+ version 5.4.3

Other features of app working.
Stuck at the setup stage can stop with tap and restart but does not finish.

Phone has notification of Honda Digital Key running in background.
My digital key also isn't working.

I am in UK.
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Android 11
My Honda+ version 5.4.3
Best wishes,

Joel Justin | Founder & Content Creator
TECH JAMO YouTube Channel

Social Media: @TechJamo

Telephone/WhatsApp: +44 7586504544

MailTo: Hello@techjamo.com
milligoon

Post by milligoon »

Don't do what I have done and stop the subscription, it now wants £59 to restart it, I've emailed them waiting on a reply
Ex e owner
Larbor

Post by Larbor »

TechJamo wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 6:45 pm
londiniumperson wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 8:55 pm I can unlock the car using the app or NFC, then power up the car and drive off.
This is how the app should have been designed, i.e. Bluetooth/NFC because it doesn't need an internet or eSIM connection.

One issue that I've found is that the window open/close function doesn't work.

One piece of advice, don't use the app to lock yourself in the car because it's likely that you'll set off the car alarm and it's a pain stopping it without the key :shock:
I've been trying for ages, but can't seem to get as far as you.

I keep getting an error about the Honda Digital Key subscription when I try to activate it in the app.

Can't tell if the issue is with my phone or my car...
According to that error message you need to enable data sync in the app. Please check if you have it enabled like this:

F59068C9-CA6A-4B59-AFB8-1A4B43B36BBB.jpeg

This could be the solution for a lot of people having issues with the app.
advance2020

Post by advance2020 »

Marmite wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 4:35 am Thank you, I added subscription (though I didn't realise I had to pay £0 to activate for a while...), now it's activated.
I shall try later - thanks for the tip for alarm :!:

It's very unlikely for me to renew with £59 per annum after one year though. :?
Even if it worked, this cost is more than my Annual Digital Sub for The Guardian, and a bit less than Digital Economist. Mine is still “In Progress” and the response from ConnectedServices has not proved helpful. Fortunately there are better uses of my time.

Although the App loads faster on initial launch, it still takes ages to refresh with real time data. The New Request Update message is an unnecessary extra click, with no benefit.

So I my opinion that the App is worse than totally f**king useless remains.
At least that is on trend this week
Platinum White Pearl: e-driving green at last, on R17 Michelin Pilot Sport
A fan of One Pedal Driving max >>> and physical buttons

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post