Android Auto Wireless

Faults and Technical chat for the Honda E
Fakeplasticman

Post by Fakeplasticman »

Hi folks - I managed to get mine to pair - but its sketchy at best - it take ages to reconnect once I get in the car and this morning the phone had disappeared completely.

My question - I'm connecting via BT - where is this 5GHz option and what bearing doe it have on Android Auto - I cant find it for the life of me!

Edit - okay reading is hard :)

"To change go again into the diagnostics menu, detailed information, long press the home button, smartphone information and change frequency to 5ghz"

I'll leave my stupid question up incase anyone else has difficulty seeing things :D

Reuben80

Post by Reuben80 »

Fakeplasticman wrote: โ†‘Tue Jun 22, 2021 2:55 pm Hi folks - I managed to get mine to pair - but its sketchy at best - it take ages to reconnect once I get in the car and this morning the phone had disappeared completely.

My question - I'm connecting via BT - where is this 5GHz option and what bearing doe it have on Android Auto - I cant find it for the life of me!

Edit - okay reading is hard :)

"To change go again into the diagnostics menu, detailed information, long press the home button, smartphone information and change frequency to 5ghz"

I'll leave my stupid question up incase anyone else has difficulty seeing things :D
Does it work better in 5Ghz for you and which phone and OS you have?
Fakeplasticman

Post by Fakeplasticman »

It's much the same. I have a Sony Xperia 5ii which has android 11. It's got a fast enough processor, last year's top end Snapdragon as far as I can recall.

When I pair it it does everything reassuringly quickly and works fine. It's just when I switch off and come back, the Bluetooth connects but I need to select smartphone connection again and choose my phone from the menu. Even then it takes a couple of goes (or maybe I'm expecting it to be quicker and I should give it more than 10s to connect :-) ).

Someone else got it working automatically. Might be my phone. Probably should have stuck with Samsung ๐Ÿ˜‚
Reuben80

Post by Reuben80 »

I have Android 10 and it works but I cannot use the hotspot option since the wi-fi is used for Android Auto, so I have to use the wire.
FDAD

Post by FDAD »

Reuben80 wrote: โ†‘Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:00 am I have Android 10 and it works but I cannot use the hotspot option since the wi-fi is used for Android Auto, so I have to use the wire.
Car creates a special hotspot for AA... in mine both hotspots show up.
Honda E advance [Modern Steel Metallic] 8-) [DELIVERED JULY 2020] - 85 000Kms + โœŒ๏ธ๐ŸŽ‚
86swhi

Post by 86swhi »

Not sure if anyone has had this but I couldn't get my Samsung Fold2 to connect wireless at all. I managed it eventually by accessing the Android Auto developer settings.
Go to your phone settings and search Android Auto. Then repeatedly press the version number at the bottom of the main AA menu.

Once activated, enter the developer settings through the three dots at the top. Toggle on "Add wireless projection to settings". From there, following everyone elses process to set-up worked. Now it's connecting wirelessly without any issues at all.

Thanks to everyone who's put out suggestions already too.
Thornbury, South Gloucestershire, UK
Sept 2021 Advance in White
Rolec Home Charger
tiitsu

Post by tiitsu »

Changed my old android 11 phone to new Google Pixel 6a with android 13. Before it was almost impossible to get wireless android auto working, but now with the new phone. It connects every time, no lag or issues while playing music and also setup worked like I think it supposed to work. Very happy with it now... Let's see how long this will last. :)

honda e.jpg

Honda e Advance 2020
tiitsu

Post by tiitsu »

Wireless android auto still working fine. Sometimes need to select android auto again from bluetooth menu, but then it again connects immediately. Don't understand why it time to time goes to normal "phone" mode.
Honda e Advance 2020
FDAD

Post by FDAD »

tiitsu wrote: โ†‘Fri Jan 27, 2023 5:24 am Wireless android auto still working fine. Sometimes need to select android auto again from bluetooth menu, but then it again connects immediately. Don't understand why it time to time goes to normal "phone" mode.
In the new version os AA there in not option to enable or disable Wireless AA, it's on by default.
Honda E advance [Modern Steel Metallic] 8-) [DELIVERED JULY 2020] - 85 000Kms + โœŒ๏ธ๐ŸŽ‚
tiitsu

Post by tiitsu »

FDAD wrote: โ†‘Fri Jan 27, 2023 8:31 am
tiitsu wrote: โ†‘Fri Jan 27, 2023 5:24 am Wireless android auto still working fine. Sometimes need to select android auto again from bluetooth menu, but then it again connects immediately. Don't understand why it time to time goes to normal "phone" mode.
In the new version os AA there in not option to enable or disable Wireless AA, it's on by default.
I mean that I need to enable android auto again from the car bluetooth settings for the phone.
Honda e Advance 2020

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post