Android Auto Wireless

Faults and Technical chat for the Honda E
FDAD

Post by FDAD »

Is anybody else using android auto wireless successfully or has gotten connection issues since Android Auto's last update?
:|
Honda E advance [Modern Steel Metallic] 8-) [DELIVERED JULY 2020] - 85 000Kms + βœŒοΈπŸŽ‚

londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson »

I wasn't aware Android Auto Wireless was available on the e.
I know that there's an option in the hidden menu but I didn't realise that it actually worked.
2022 Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's - 08/2020-Current
2015 VW Tiguan (Pure White) - 04/2018-Current
1991 Honda Beat PP1 (Festival Red) - 11/2022-Current
FDAD

Post by FDAD »

londiniumperson wrote: ↑Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:18 pm I wasn't aware Android Auto Wireless was available on the e.
I know that there's an option in the hidden menu but I didn't realise that it actually worked.
See now that's a special version I've got working since october :D :D :D
As long as your running Android 11 it is possible but not officially supported. Honda didn't want to commit and never got android auto wireless officially approved by google yet as long as you enable it it two hidden areas it remains that way.
In the latest android auto update it no longer auto connects when I get to the car.. I just have to manually connect it to Bluetooth and that's it.
Honda E advance [Modern Steel Metallic] 8-) [DELIVERED JULY 2020] - 85 000Kms + βœŒοΈπŸŽ‚
FDAD

Post by FDAD »

Honda just took a piss and said we have great potential, lets ruin it by not fully developing the software.
bogga

Post by bogga »

londiniumperson wrote: ↑Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:18 pm I wasn't aware Android Auto Wireless was available on the e.
What? where? How?
Minky92

Post by Minky92 »

FDAD wrote: ↑Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:39 pm
See now that's a special version I've got working since october :D :D :D
As long as your running Android 11 it is possible but not officially supported. Honda didn't want to commit and never got android auto wireless officially approved by google yet as long as you enable it it two hidden areas it remains that way.
In the latest android auto update it no longer auto connects when I get to the car.. I just have to manually connect it to Bluetooth and that's it.
Hmm, would you mind running us through the process of setting it up please? What are the hidden areas you mentioned? I have Android 11 and enabled developer options / wireless android auto, but it isn't recognised by the car. Do I have to change something on the car end too?
FDAD

Post by FDAD »

It's not that I don't want to... but I don't feel it's the right thing to do... Honda has to own up to its mistakes. We can't just keep fixing things..

If I have a change of heart I'll post a how to.
Londinium can post it if he wants to.
Reuben80

Post by Reuben80 »

Whenever you update android auto you never know that it will work flawlessly. It is always a gamble.

To activate wireless android auto on the e switch on the car. Press and hold simultaneously the Audio and home button. After 6 or 7 seconds press and hold also the brightness button without releasing the other buttons until it loads the diagnostics menu. Then go detailed infromation, smartphone information, and switch on android auto wireless.
If you want to unlock the HDMI while driving after the detailed information menu hold the home button until you see a new menu. Click vehicle model information, dd vsp error, and uncheck. Click return until all menus are closed.
FDAD

Post by FDAD »

Reuben80 wrote: ↑Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:18 pm Whenever you update android auto you never know that it will work flawlessly. It is always a gamble
There is another step to get it to work as intended changing from 2.4ghz to 5ghz wifi.

More so when the infotainment system gets no updates.
It has always worked great and i have YT Premium too.
bogga

Post by bogga »

Tried it.. it works, but the audio breaks up, and it's slow, either my phone can't cope, or there is somehting odd in bandwidth over wifi.

I've got another car with wireless android auto, so I'll test that and report.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post