Lowering Springs

Faults and Technical chat for the Honda E
londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson »

Has anyone on here fitted any lowering springs, if so please can you post some photos & provide some details on whether it had any noticeable impact on handling and was it worth it?
2022 Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's - 08/2020-Current
2015 VW Tiguan (Pure White) - 04/2018-Current
1991 Honda Beat PP1 (Festival Red) - 11/2022-Current

EEEE

Post by EEEE »

After having removed some lowering springs from a car - I wouldn't recommend only lowering springs without adjustable dampers. Shorter springs tend to be stiffer, and without additional damping you end up with too much oscillation over bumps. Also without the additional damping, you are at risk of hitting the limits of travel.

For a car like the 'e', the seating position is quite high, so you're never going to feel as planted as a sporty car. I'd leave it alone otherwise you will be taking a gamble and quite possibly ruin the feel/character of the car.
'21 e Advance - Charge Yellow - E1702RR alloys
'17 Civic Sport CVT
'00 Prelude 2.2VTi
Trykpaa

Post by Trykpaa »

EEEE wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 10:34 am After having removed some lowering springs from a car - I wouldn't recommend only lowering springs without adjustable dampers. Shorter springs tend to be stiffer, and without additional damping you end up with too much oscillation over bumps. Also without the additional damping, you are at risk of hitting the limits of travel.

For a car like the 'e', the seating position is quite high, so you're never going to feel as planted as a sporty car. I'd leave it alone otherwise you will be taking a gamble and quite possibly ruin the feel/character of the car.
Provided done carefully, I disagree.

I have mostly good experience with lowering cars using Eibach Pro Kits. The cars have be slightly harsher over diagonal bumps, but will suffer much less from body roll and weight transfer. Specially when braking during turning the cars have become much less unsettled.

Car manufacturers know their stuff better than anybody, and you will never make a better solution with some springs from some random factory. That's important to realize. You can make >another< compromise which may suite your preferences better than factory. Similar to different wheels and almost all other mods.

I find the E very unsettled on backroads and would love to try lowering it, as I have good experience with just that, but wife opposes. Know of one here in DK lowered. Looks really good 😉
Annnte

Post by Annnte »

I have a friend with a lowered Honda E. It's lowered 2,5 cm. He said that's max what it can be lowered, but it looks awsome.
Here's a picture of it.

Screenshot_20210830-234026_Chrome.jpg

londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson »

As far as I'm aware Eibach are currently the only manufacturer of progressive rate lowering springs for the e (ZC7), with a 30mm front drop & the rear of 25mm at a cost of around £250 for the set of springs with fitting extra.
2022 Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's - 08/2020-Current
2015 VW Tiguan (Pure White) - 04/2018-Current
1991 Honda Beat PP1 (Festival Red) - 11/2022-Current
stzrd

Post by stzrd »

londiniumperson wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 9:43 pm Has anyone on here fitted any lowering springs, if so please can you post some photos & provide some details on whether it had any noticeable impact on handling and was it worth it?
I have these fitted on mine, they do reduce the body roll through corners and give a generally more sporty feeling ride.

Car feels sharper on turn in, and can handle direction changes far better than before. The general stance of the car is improved too, especially when combined with some spacers.

Not really and major negatives apart from a slight creaking noise coming from the top mount area when turned lock to lock at slow speed. I've re greased all the components and the noise seems to have nearly gone now, but will leave it to see if it will bed in for a few weeks. A google search provides similar results for other Honda vehicles once lowered.

Overall though, I'm happy with them.