Condensation

New to the Honda E Forums? Introduce yourself here
ChrisHondaE

Post by ChrisHondaE »

Hey everyone

Recently got a Honda E as a work car ( had it 2 days ) excessive condensation and smell of damp from the car I’ve cleaned every part inside imaginable vaxed the seats and interiors carpets properly dried everything and I’m still having the same issue . Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Thanks Chris

londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson »

It sounds like it's been left standing for some, either that or the windscreen has been poorly replaced and is leaking.
Is it new or used?

How about setting the Climate Control to 30 mins and then running it, either via the app or keyfob a couple of times each day over the next few days.
If it's still an issue, then get in touch with the seller, unless it was 'sold as seen' & now out of warranty.
2022 Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's - 08/2020-Current
2015 VW Tiguan (Pure White) - 04/2018-Current
1991 Honda Beat PP1 (Festival Red) - 11/2022-Current
FDAD

Post by FDAD »

londiniumperson wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 9:56 pm It sounds like it's been left standing for some, either that or the windscreen has been poorly replaced and is leaking.
Is it new or used?

How about setting the Climate Control to 30 mins and then running it, either via the app or keyfob a couple of times each day over the next few days.
If it's still an issue, then get in touch with the seller, unless it was 'sold as seen' & now out of warranty.

My girlfriend let fresh octopus "juice" leak in the boot during a shopping run... Didn't notice and let me tell you I almost vomited when I got in the next morning.

I had to go out so all four windows got open and was pouring rain... :shock:
Got home I smelled everything and got to the conclusion it was the boot bottom cover... Washed it with a bathroom non bleach cleaner and it was gone.

If some liquid got spilled even under the carpets you've got yourself work to do
Honda E advance [Modern Steel Metallic] 8-) [DELIVERED JULY 2020] - 85 000Kms + ✌️🎂
milligoon

Post by milligoon »

Stick a proper mains powered dehumidifier in the car run a lead in through the lower front corner of a front door, run it in laundry mode for a few days.

Guess who found his windows open last Sunday?

Dried it out a treat
Ex e owner
EEEE

Post by EEEE »

I suspect that given the recent low temperatures that the air conditioning drain has frozen, and the condensate has accumulated in the blower/matrix areas.

Agree with all of the above, easiest step is if the temperature is well above 0, run the heater on high temp and with the aircon on. This will help to dry out the air and remove moisture from the interior. That or driving with the heating full blast, and then open the windows for a bit and then repeat...

Double check that your windows are closing properly after you close the doors.
'21 e Advance - Charge Yellow - E1702RR alloys
'17 Civic Sport CVT
'00 Prelude 2.2VTi