DELIVERY DELAY

All Honda E related discussions
Terry R

Post by Terry R »

Car was due today but has been delayed. Anticipated a week or so, but could be April as dealer was very vague.

Bit of a downer.

SamHonda

Post by SamHonda »

Couple of us facing delays - see here for background:

viewtopic.php?t=1086&start=20
Terry R

Post by Terry R »

Cheers for the link SammyH

Explains the reason for the delay, but not the logic.
richy

Post by richy »

I was initially told 2 months (which would have been March), now Ive been told May
Last edited by richy on Tue Jan 11, 2022 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
turntoport

Post by turntoport »

TerryR: there's an interesting online article re the 'super-credits'/excess fleet CO2 costs; i'll see if i can find it again and link it if successful. But the 'fines' applied to manufacturers are substantial - i'd guess iro or greater than £2k/vehicle sold in H's case - that's a lot off the profit margin. In the meantime, this one gives some insight:

https://www.am-online.com/dealer-manage ... rt-to-bite

I think the spreadsheets have been 'optimised' for '22's sales, and the chiplack ( = lack of e's combined with poor sales due to the range, which imo H have goofed on big-time) is a contributory issue here, hence the hold-backs. You can estimate how far over the fleet CO2 limit Honda's car selection is, then multiply the number of UK cars sold by that value, then multiply that by £84...the numbers get quite big if the fleet isn't biased towards (very) low or zero CO2 output. I believe Honda are in Tesla's Carbon purchase scheme, such is the imbalance.
atb - ttp
ZoeDave

Post by ZoeDave »

Thank you turntoport, very interesting, but I still don't see a clear explanation why Honda are both limiting UK supply and raising prices. I have numerous ideas, but none seem quite right:

Are they looking to have e buyers both mitigate and subsidise their high fleet-CO2 fines?
Is there a reason why pushing deliveries to the next financial year would save them money?
Have sales of the e been so woeful that they just don't care anymore?
Does diverting stock to the EU keep them in the good books of a larger market? (A reasonable fear I think after Brexit, whatever your view on the matter)
Having abandoned Swindon, are they considering abandoning the UK as a whole and trying to milk us for as much as possible on the way out?

Or is it as simple as a combination of the chip shortage and shipping delays? Perhaps they have a shipping slot that arrives in Europe in late March and they are prepared to put as many cars on the boat as they could possibly sell. TBH I'd rather this be the actual truth.
londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson »

ZoeDave, in the linked thread earlier, turntoport posted that he'd been told the their car was on the Avonmouth dockside and has been since end October.

I hope my theory is wrong, but I have a concern that Honda are getting their ducks in a row to pull out of the UK new car market and possibly the rest of Europe as well with sales being in decline since the mid 2000's with some critics saying Honda seems to give Europe a lower priority than the US and China, where the brand sells ten times more cars a year in each of those regions than in Europe.
2022 Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's - 08/2020-Current
2015 VW Tiguan (Pure White) - 04/2018-Current
1991 Honda Beat PP1 (Festival Red) - 11/2022-Current
SamHonda

Post by SamHonda »

My dealer seemed to indicate the stock is here (UK) somewhere however the issue is they’re not allowed to register them.
turntoport

Post by turntoport »

for info:

https://cleantechnica.com/2020/11/08/di ... edit-pool/

just posted a long-winded bit, but it vanished into the ether, it seems - That's the abbreviated version above. Is someone actively vetting these fora, or is our UK-standard (i.e. rubbish) internet to blame?

atb - ttp
londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson »

turntoport wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 11:20 am for info:

https://cleantechnica.com/2020/11/08/di ... edit-pool/

just posted a long-winded bit, but it vanished into the ether, it seems - That's the abbreviated version above. Is someone actively vetting these fora, or is our UK-standard (i.e. rubbish) internet to blame?

atb - ttp
What a waste of my time reading that tripe.
2022 Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's - 08/2020-Current
2015 VW Tiguan (Pure White) - 04/2018-Current
1991 Honda Beat PP1 (Festival Red) - 11/2022-Current