Dashcam fitting - Removing panel to access the Driver side interior Fuse Panel

All Honda E related discussions
fallenrose

Post by fallenrose »

Hi All

Hope you're well today!

Just bought a Honda E Advance and decided to buy a Dashcam to be permanently connected to the Driver side interior Fuse Panel, however, I'm unable to remove panel to gain better access to the Driver side interior Fuse Panel.

Please could you kindly provide some assistance?? I would appreciate this a lot.

Many thanks

londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson »

This isn't answering your question, but I used a 'BlackVue Conecta X OBD Power Cable' which plugs into the OBD port for the very reason you're having because I wanted a simple solution, though I did go to the trouble of removing the A pillar trim to hide the wire.
Have you tried removing the door seal because that could be a good place to start.
2022 Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's - 08/2020-Current
2015 VW Tiguan (Pure White) - 04/2018-Current
1991 Honda Beat PP1 (Festival Red) - 11/2022-Current
fallenrose

Post by fallenrose »

That is a good idea, I will have a look into that in the next couple of days. Thanks
Verone

Post by Verone »

londiniumperson wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 7:00 pm This isn't answering your question, but I used a 'BlackVue Conecta X OBD Power Cable' which plugs into the OBD port for the very reason you're having because I wanted a simple solution, though I did go to the trouble of removing the A pillar trim to hide the wire.
Have you tried removing the door seal because that could be a good place to start.
I'm getting my car delivered in the next month or so and I'll be doing exactly the same to power a Garmin Mini 2.

How easy was it to pop the A-pillar trim off? Curious to hear how easy it is to get access, as I don't want to be all ham fisted and ruin the interior when I install it.
Icelandic Advance Limited Edition in Premium Crystal Red on 17" rims
Registered May 2023
Home Type 2 Charging & Free Work Type 2 Charging! Woo!
ODO - 8750km
londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson »

Verone wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 1:58 pm
londiniumperson wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 7:00 pm This isn't answering your question, but I used a 'BlackVue Conecta X OBD Power Cable' which plugs into the OBD port for the very reason you're having because I wanted a simple solution, though I did go to the trouble of removing the A pillar trim to hide the wire.
I'm getting my car delivered in the next month or so and I'll be doing exactly the same to power a Garmin Mini 2.

How easy was it to pop the A-pillar trim off? Curious to hear how easy it is to get access, as I don't want to be all ham fisted and ruin the interior when I install it.
I didn’t remove the pillar trim just pulled it away slightly to gain access, see here for details with photos:
Dash Camera Installation
2022 Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's - 08/2020-Current
2015 VW Tiguan (Pure White) - 04/2018-Current
1991 Honda Beat PP1 (Festival Red) - 11/2022-Current
Verone

Post by Verone »

londiniumperson wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 2:20 pm
Verone wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 1:58 pm

I didn’t remove the pillar trim just pulled it away slightly to gain access, see here for details with photos:
Dash Camera Installation
Oh this is super awesome, thanks! :D
Icelandic Advance Limited Edition in Premium Crystal Red on 17" rims
Registered May 2023
Home Type 2 Charging & Free Work Type 2 Charging! Woo!
ODO - 8750km

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post