Predicted Mileage is better

All Honda E related discussions
advance2020

Post by advance2020 »

Just a quick post to say, last Summer my best Predicted Mileage was around 126 miles, in warm weather 20-24°C
But since my car has been serviced, and back into the Dealers again for a Sensor replacement, Predicted Mileage has improved further. The other day, after a top up charge at Tesco, it was showing 143 miles at about 97% SoC. Weather wasn't that warm 9°C but no doubt battery was, and economy was good - around 4.4m/kWh
Over the last 450 miles my AVG is 4.2m/kWh. Very good for UK pre Spring. Although it has been warmer than usual.
(Stats corrected Mar 31 having found and added photos).
Last edited by advance2020 on Thu Mar 31, 2022 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Platinum White Pearl: e-driving green at last, on R17 Michelin Pilot Sport
A fan of One Pedal Driving max >>> and physical buttons

turntoport

Post by turntoport »

advance; i've been noticing a 'jump' in gom range since a few weeks ago: definitely a step-change; we're showing ~ 156 miles (pro-rata'd to 100% from 80% as-measured). Our e std was a late jan collect, with the first 1800 miles showing ~ 135 miles range. So temps are on the up, but the range jump didn't coincide with the increased temperatures - the first day we noticed it there was a frost locally.
I mentioned this in another string
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1151&start=20
but other than you no-one else has mentioned/seen the effect/event. Esme (our e) hasn't been anywhere near a Honda garage since it left grimsby. Wot's going on??
atb - ttp
advance2020

Post by advance2020 »

turntoport wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 8:54 pm advance; i've been noticing a 'jump' in gom range since a few weeks ago: definitely a step-change; we're showing ~ 156 miles (pro-rata'd to 100% from 80% as-measured). Our e std was a late jan collect, with the first 1800 miles showing ~ 135 miles range. So temps are on the up, but the range jump didn't coincide with the increased temperatures - the first day we noticed it there was a frost locally.
I mentioned this in another string
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1151&start=20
but other than you no-one else has mentioned/seen the effect/event. Esme (our e) hasn't been anywhere near a Honda garage since it left grimsby. Wot's going on??
atb - ttp
Thanks turntoport
Can it be the battery “improves” with age - seems unlikely.
Let's hope we can prompt others to contribute. These images might help.

04EA6D62-A2F5-40D9-A46B-F0333B454BDB.jpeg

1CF44D63-F3D7-453A-A2E6-9D08B3350A85.jpeg

FMIB

Post by FMIB »

advance2020, is the 4.4 miles/kWh your long term average or the last journey?

My long term has only just crept up from 2.9 to 3, but I believe my estimated range is based on my last trip as shown on the power meter during the drive.
londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson »

I’ve not noticed any significant change compared to this time last year.

What we all know is that the following impacts range:
  • Air temperature
  • Battery temperature
  • How the car is driven
  • Whether HVAC is used
  • Wheel/Tyre size & make
Last weekend I preheated the car just before we left home at 8:45am with 100% SoC, HVAC @21.5C driving about 65mph and got 3.8m/kWh but on the return (no charging at car park) leaving about 7:40pm, no preheat and only used HVAC a very short time, driving mostly at around 55mph we only got 3.0m/kWh.

The main reasons are probably the air temperature & lack of preheat whilst plugged in, which considering that I drove a lot slower on the way back means the difference was considerable.
2020 Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's - 08/2020-Current
2015 VW Tiguan (Pure White) - 04/2018-Current
1991 Honda Beat PP1 (Festival Red) - 11/2022-Current
EEEE

Post by EEEE »

running on 17s , advance model, Michelin primacy 4s. My long term average (3k+ miles) over the winter has been 3.1kw/h mainly doing a 12mile commute twice a day. No preheating, and always using heating /aircon / seats /wheel.

Long journey yesterday to Gloucester, preheated in the morning from mains, drove with no heating to Gloucester then to Lydney. Average was 4.1m/kwh. Managed 4.0m/kwh on the return leg. Even I was surprised at that for the 17s!

This was mostly single carriage way roads so my average speed was low. Also took the liberty to pump the tyres to 2.4bar just before I left when the temp was about 2 degrees, so no doubt later in the day they were a touch higher.

Need to check if my car has a service pack - then get it booked in for its 'inspection' and updates.. Never seen the predicted say above 110-ish.
'21 e Advance - Charge Yellow - E1702RR alloys
'17 Civic Sport CVT
'00 Prelude 2.2VTi
FMIB

Post by FMIB »

Must be winter again, my 2 mile trip into town recorded a record breaking 1.6 miles/kWh.
Seems that the predictive range is not based on that number, maybe its predicting on better weather ahead!
advance2020

Post by advance2020 »

EEEE wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 7:46 am running on 17s , advance model, Michelin primacy 4s. My long term average (3k+ miles) over the winter has been 3.1kw/h mainly doing a 12mile commute twice a day. No preheating, and always using heating /aircon / seats /wheel.

Long journey yesterday to Gloucester, preheated in the morning from mains, drove with no heating to Gloucester then to Lydney. Average was 4.1m/kwh. Managed 4.0m/kwh on the return leg. Even I was surprised at that for the 17s!

This was mostly single carriage way roads so my average speed was low. Also took the liberty to pump the tyres to 2.4bar just before I left when the temp was about 2 degrees, so no doubt later in the day they were a touch higher.

Need to check if my car has a service pack - then get it booked in for its 'inspection' and updates.. Never seen the predicted say above 110-ish.
FMIB wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 12:15 pm advance2020, is the 4.4 miles/kWh your long term average or the last journey?

My long term has only just crept up from 2.9 to 3, but I believe my estimated range is based on my last trip as shown on the power meter during the drive.
Always reset B for every trip, so yes 4.4 was just for that trip, which obviously improves predicted mileage, but my point is that during warm weather last summer, on other trips with good economy, I have never seen PM better than 126, so this is almost 20 miles more. A big leap.

I appreciate that many other owners are driving on dual carriageways, or motorways at much higher avg speeds, and hence avg economy is lower. My trips are usually on B roads, or busy A roads, with traffic, trucks etc. that limit my speeds, or narrow country lanes. This trip was from home to Shepton Mallet and Wells. Largely A roads. Some 50-60mph, but mostly less. And I ALWAYS drive in One Pedal Mode, with max 3 chevrons. Rarely use aircon or cabin heating. If needed we use heated seats at min setting, and heated wheel, so that could be a factor why I get good economy. But I wouldn't have been using heating in summer, and rarely use aircon to cool the cabin.

Pre-heating car from mains is best for economy, esp. if you are charging (and hence warming up) your main battery.
londiniumperson

I popped out yesterday (temp=7C) into town and this is the typical efficiency that I’m getting. I have regularly seen less than 1m/kWh at lower temps.
The 25.3mile was a commute home, then out into town for 1.3m, a second stop 0.2m later with 2.0m home (longer route due to road layout):

BC1684D3-D690-4CD6-BA51-A05E87DCF048.jpeg

londiniumperson

I’ve just received my weekly ‘ New content from MG EVs Community’ and saw this on one of the threads:
Anyone noticed now getting extended range?

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post