Charge port glass lid shattered….

All Honda E related discussions
EV70EEE

Post by EV70EEE »

There is currently a glass lid for sale on eBay but the guy wants £1,000 for it. Or you could just go to a a sign shop for someone who does vinyl window graphics and ask them to stick vinyl over the glass cover. As it's toughened glass it has shattered and it should still be in its correct form so to stop it from breaking into pieces you could try the vinyl option first. Good Luck

FDAD

Post by FDAD »

EV70EEE wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 11:20 pm There is currently a glass lid for sale on eBay but the guy wants £1,000 for it. Or you could just go to a a sign shop for someone who does vinyl window graphics and ask them to stick vinyl over the glass cover. As it's toughened glass it has shattered and it should still be in its correct form so to stop it from breaking into pieces you could try the vinyl option first. Good Luck
I believe Plexiglas could be an option too.
Honda E advance [Modern Steel Metallic] 8-) [DELIVERED JULY 2020] - 85 000Kms + ✌️🎂
scotty c

Post by scotty c »

ive just had my glass shatter. been quoted £1429.93 inc VAT plus £144 for 1 hour to fit.

cant believe it.
FDAD

Post by FDAD »

scotty c wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 11:51 am 1 hour to fit.

cant believe it.
I can't believe it either because that's a 20 minute job at most..
Honda E advance [Modern Steel Metallic] 8-) [DELIVERED JULY 2020] - 85 000Kms + ✌️🎂
vulgaris_magistralis

Post by vulgaris_magistralis »

avoid wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 11:34 am
FMIB wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 5:55 pm For me, its not clear if this protection film is just a ring of film that goes around the charging port, or it also covers the glass as well
GENUINE HONDA E CHARGE PORT PROTECTION FILM 2020
https://www.coxmotorparts.co.uk/honda-s ... film-2020/
Did anyone get this film? Is there any clarification to this? Does the film actually cover the glass part too or it's only for the bonnet?
My lid cover got shattered too. It might have been a stone chip or might have been something else. Anyway - the impact was tiny.
These glass lids need to be protected somehow as they are way too sensitive...
I'm waiting for someone to review it as well. I'm wondering if it is just a shape cut Paint Protection Film. Because those are cheap(er) and easy to install.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post