Faulty granny cable

All Honda E related discussions
Peter-E

Post by Peter-E »

I've had my E for one week and two days now. It's an ex-demo, almost two years old now.

I've charged it several times in my garage using the granny cable, but today that stopped working. The red "fault" indicator light blinks whenever it is connected to a socket (three blinks and a short pauze). The cable's manual says that in this case I should either check the power outlet or move away from direct sunlight (overheating). As my car is in the garage, the latter isn't an issue. As for the power socket... I've tried several sockets in the house, and the red light blinks with every single one.

I've visited two public charging stations, both AC and DC, to see if there's anything wrong with the car itself, but charging works fine luckily.

Has anyone encountered this issue? Does the charge cable fall under the factory warranty?

In any case, tomorrow I'm calling the dealer. :(

nyx

Post by nyx »

My new Honda e came with a broken granny charger, but none of the lights on it came on at all. Dealer replaced it under warranty though it annoyingly took two trips - one for them to look at the old one and then another to collect the replacement they ordered.

They were not able/willing to send the replacement by post and they could not give me a working one out of their demonstrator on the first visit…
Peter-E

Post by Peter-E »

nyx wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 1:51 pm My new Honda e came with a broken granny charger, but none of the lights on it came on at all. Dealer replaced it under warranty though it annoyingly took two trips - one for them to look at the old one and then another to collect the replacement they ordered.

They were not able/willing to send the replacement by post and they could not give me a working one out of their demonstrator on the first visit…
As long as they replace it under warranty, spending some more time in the e is just a sacrifice I'll have to make ;)
nyx

Post by nyx »

Hehe, indeed, I was not incredibly upset to have to go on another little road trip.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post