Bad News from Carwow?

All Honda E related discussions
Isotope Toast

Post by Isotope Toast »

How trustworthy is Carwow actually? In trying to find information about delivery times and delays (Germany based), I've come across sometimes contradictory information. Things such as 3-5 months vs. 6-12 months delivery time for example.
But this one here really surprised me (from the German Carwow site):

Sparen Sie beim Kauf eines Honda Honda e Neuwagens.
Das Honda e Modell wird nicht mehr produziert, weshalb es nun großartige Angebote für Restbestände von neuen Lagerwagen, Tageszulassungen oder Jahreswagen gibt.
(Translation: Save when you buy a new Honda Honda e car. The Honda e model is no longer in production, which is why there are now great deals on leftover new stock, day registrations or year-old cars.)

Wait, what?
And if you'd like to get Carwow offers for the Honda e, you can't, because it's now not one of the cars that is able to be selected.

Anyone know what's going on?

FMIB

Post by FMIB »

No idea.
Carwow UK is still showing the Honda e as available. I will see if any offers come in.

First offer came in, no mention of delivery timeframe or if the model will be discontinued
Isotope Toast

Post by Isotope Toast »

Edit 1: Just called CarWow - the woman who answered wasn't sure where this notice came from or what it meant, but she would try and find out and call me back.

Edit 2: CarWow called and said that, because of very long delivery times (a year or more), dealers in Germany didn't want to have the car listed. The Honda e will be and is still being produced, however you can't order/buy one through CarWow.
FMIB

Post by FMIB »

Just to update, it is still being offered via Carwow UK, I received 5 offers for the Advance with small discounts, but no info on delivery times
turntoport

Post by turntoport »

Isotope toast; a similar thing happened with Carwow back in November last year (if i recall the month i posted it correctly!)... yes, it's just down to dealers not being so keen to advertise the e due to it's low availability.
Isotope Toast

Post by Isotope Toast »

Thanks for the replies everyone. I wrote my dealer the other day, and here is his answer:

So I can't confirm an order stop for the Honda e. Orders are still possible for every Honda e variant.

The manufacturer only states that orders placed from now on will probably no longer be delivered in 2022.

Since your order was already in March, I am still confident that your vehicle will still be delivered in 2022.
FMIB

Post by FMIB »

Maybe the delays in delivery across most EV manufacturers will be a good thing and allow time for the charging infrastructure to catch up

https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/news/3578 ... sion-grows
turntoport

Post by turntoport »

one does love a good sense of humour, FMIB.
Supermarket this morning: 8/8 non-functional. Incompetence is the only word to describe the UK's infrastructure management.