e:progress or <other> charger?

All Honda E related discussions
nasi

Post by nasi »

While I await delivery of my e I am sorting out having a home charger fitted.

One option I have looked at is the Honda e:progress service and the Alfen charger. This has the obvious advantage of being able to talk to the car to obtain SoC information. Beyond that headstart it seems a similar service to ev.energy in terms of managing the charging process.

My main question at this point is; how much of a benefit is that over other systems that don't know the SoC? With the OLEZ grant gone, the price of e:progress (with their cashback) is similar to other options such as Hypervolt or an ev.energy compatible charger. Or is it really a no-brainer and the advantage of communication with the car outweighs all other options?

I don't see Honda opening up their API to third parties any time soon…

zemdega

Post by zemdega »

As we will have solar panels in a week and inverter will be from Growatt, I decided to go with Growatt charger. Not sure if Honda will be our last and only EV so we went for 3 phase 22kWh model even that Honda E won't be able to use it in full. I liked the fact that charger will be able to communicate with solar panel inverter and use it in best possible way.

https://www.ginverter.com/show-53-662.html
milligoon

Post by milligoon »

If the eprogress does allow SOC info, then there is no reason why it shouldn't be able to work with octopus intelligent tariff I would have thought, it maybe worth contacting octopus to see if there support that charger.
Ex e owner
nasi

Post by nasi »

It currently works with Octopus Go and Agile Octopus, so I imagine they could well add Intelligent Octopus at some point. I'll add it to my list of questions for them…

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post