Adjust headlights beam

All Honda E related discussions
Stam

Post by Stam »

New Honda E owner!
Anyone knows how to adjust the lights beam (lower a bit) because they are blinding the incoming traffic;

EEEE

Post by EEEE »

There are some adjustment cogs at the back of the headlight units.

I have the opposite problem, the beam is too low. Any adjustment will be a compromise, because moderate acceleration causes such squatting of the car, you will always end up blinding someone in town.

Perhaps it's a self regulating speed device. Beams low, can accelerate fast but cant see where you're going. Beams to high, you can see where your going but cant accelerate fast because you'll blind oncoming traffic.

Even my 20 year old prelude has electric headlight adjustment. Honda missed so many tricks...
'21 e Advance - Charge Yellow - E1702RR alloys
'17 Civic Sport CVT
'00 Prelude 2.2VTi
FDAD

Post by FDAD »

The headlights are self-regulating... Ask your dealership to verify if everything is properly adjusted.
Honda E advance [Modern Steel Metallic] 8-) [DELIVERED JULY 2020] - 85 000Kms + ✌️🎂
EEEE

Post by EEEE »

FDAD wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 12:05 pm The headlights are self-regulating... Ask your dealership to verify if everything is properly adjusted.
If I look in the manual, it does mention that the headlights are self vertically adjusting, but doesn't elaborate any further.

Can you confirm what this self adjustment actually does? For example, when turning the car on , can you see the beam pattern move? More importantly, does the headlight aim adjust when the car squats (EG when accelerating from a set of traffic lights?).

I have not yet checked mine, but it does neither of the above and they are always pointing fairly low.
'21 e Advance - Charge Yellow - E1702RR alloys
'17 Civic Sport CVT
'00 Prelude 2.2VTi
zemdega

Post by zemdega »

FDAD wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 12:05 pm The headlights are self-regulating... Ask your dealership to verify if everything is properly adjusted.
Almost all cars have self regulating light now, so when your 100 kg friends sit in the back your low beams won't become high beams. But they should be calibrated if misalign. Usually it's done by some hex key or screwdriver.

Just went to check:
Should be one of those but must check in manual

Screenshot 2022-06-20 at 18.07.12.jpg

FMIB

Post by FMIB »

You don't say if the car is new or dealer sourced secondhand, but if either of these I would take it in and get the light correctly adjusted.

I rarely drive mine at night/in the dark, but the odd time I have, I am pretty sure that when switching on I have seen the beam adjust its height and also when driving up a hill. Of course I might be seeing things but I thought all new Honda's came with height adjusting lights.
ZeroEmissionRequiem

Post by ZeroEmissionRequiem »

I have slightly adjusted the headlights, and I'm happy with the aim. However, on a recent foggy day I turned off the headlights and activated the fog lights, while driving at 15 km/h or so, and realized they're aimed so near that the area they lit up is almost entirely obscured by the bonnet! My front passenger agreed. Now, I know fog lights aren't supposed to throw far at all, but on all my past cars they did at least light up some metres ahead.

So; has anyone here adjusted the fog lights? Looking at photos of the part, there is an apparent adjustment knob, but considering the location of the units I have no idea how it could be reached.

51vK5799wJL._AC_.jpg

2022 e Advance