Do the driving dynamics of the E make it all worthwhile?

All Honda E related discussions
iHansz

Post by iHansz »

Parker87 wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 8:18 am I had a CRZ a few years ago and I had to get that Dynamat'd to be tolerable noise-wise.
What would you have done with it? I also had a CRZ, but it wasn't that noisy. The e is not a CRZ, because its centre of gravity was lower, cause car is much lower, but it was cunning in the corners if you took it too fast, because of the battery pack in the back. See both cars: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=491
Dutch Advance in Charge Yellow on 17"
1st registered Oct 2020
Home charger: public charging stations only

Parker87

Post by Parker87 »

iHansz wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 1:46 pm
What would you have done with it? I also had a CRZ, but it wasn't that noisy. The e is not a CRZ, because its centre of gravity was lower, cause car is much lower, but it was cunning in the corners if you took it too fast, because of the battery pack in the back. See both cars: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=491
Sorry iHansz, I don't understand your question - "What would you have done with it?" But I like your CRZ - I don't think that that colour was available in the UK. They are an interesting car and I enjoyed mine - I'm probably over-sensitive to road noise in cars so a level which others think is fine is sometimes irritating for me.
iHansz

Post by iHansz »

Parker87 wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 3:28 pm Sorry iHansz, I don't understand your question - "What would you have done with it?" But I like your CRZ - I don't think that that colour was available in the UK. They are an interesting car and I enjoyed mine - I'm probably over-sensitive to road noise in cars so a level which others think is fine is sometimes irritating for me.
You indicated that your CRZ was noisy, right? So my question is, what did you do with it? Was a joke.
1st registered Oct 2020
Parker87

Post by Parker87 »

iHansz wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 8:49 am You indicated that your CRZ was noisy, right? So my question is, what did you do with it? Was a joke.
Aah, I see. I sold the CRZ after a couple of years, but not because it was noisy - I was having trouble with my left knee following an accident at work so I decided to buy a car with an auto gearbox.
Parker87

Post by Parker87 »

Well, I had my Test Drive of the E today.
I was kindly allowed to go solo and was given an hour to drive around, which I thoroughly enjoyed. I thought that it was a bit noisier than my MX30 but not enough to be a problem. The build quality is maybe a little inferior to the Mazda but was good enough for me. I missed having HUD, particularly for Navigation, but I believe that I'll soon re-learn to drop my gaze that bit further. An opening sunroof would be great but, in truth, the opportunities to use one comfortably are comparatively rare overall.
The key thing though was that the E did feel more fun to drive, which was what I wanted - the steering is sharper, the suspension more "sporty" and all in all, the E felt more nimble and responsive.
So, the deal's been done and all being well, I'll collect my '21 White Advance next Thursday. I can't wait to try it on my familiar local roads!
Thanks all for your input on this Post.
FDAD

Post by FDAD »

Parker87 wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 6:08 pm Well, I had my Test Drive of the E today.
I was kindly allowed to go solo and was given an hour to drive around, which I thoroughly enjoyed. I thought that it was a bit noisier than my MX30 but not enough to be a problem. The build quality is maybe a little inferior to the Mazda but was good enough for me. I missed having HUD, particularly for Navigation, but I believe that I'll soon re-learn to drop my gaze that bit further. An opening sunroof would be great but, in truth, the opportunities to use one comfortably are comparatively rare overall.
The key thing though was that the E did feel more fun to drive, which was what I wanted - the steering is sharper, the suspension more "sporty" and all in all, the E felt more nimble and responsive.
So, the deal's been done and all being well, I'll collect my '21 White Advance next Thursday. I can't wait to try it on my familiar local roads!
:)
Almost all the time I have the sunroof covered... I usually only let light in by the sunset.
The car just gets hotter inside etc. Not a problem in a cloudy country :)
Honda E advance [Modern Steel Metallic] 8-) [DELIVERED JULY 2020] - 85 000Kms + ✌️🎂
londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson »

FDAD wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 6:51 pm
Parker87 wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 6:08 pm Well, I had my Test Drive of the E today.
Almost all the time I have the sunroof covered... I usually only let light in by the sunset.
The car just gets hotter inside etc. Not a problem in a cloudy country :)
That's the advantage of being able to pre cool the car :D, I don't worry about trying to keeping the car cool by using the shade and here in the UK I've never noticed much difference it seems to get hot either open or closed, even during the past week when we've had temperatures up to 30C, maybe I'll change my view when we get 35C on Monday :lol:
2022 Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's - 08/2020-Current
2015 VW Tiguan (Pure White) - 04/2018-Current
1991 Honda Beat PP1 (Festival Red) - 11/2022-Current
Parker87

Post by Parker87 »

FDAD wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 6:51 pm

Almost all the time I have the sunroof covered... I usually only let light in by the sunset....
Are there many Vampires in Portugal FDAD?! :o Only joking :D
iHansz

Post by iHansz »

Parker87 wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 11:33 am
Aah, I see. I sold the CRZ after a couple of years, but not because it was noisy - I was having trouble with my left knee following an accident at work so I decided to buy a car with an auto gearbox.

Oh, that is very annoying. I'm sorry. Fortunately, your test drive ended positively and you can soon enjoy your own e. 8-)
1st registered Oct 2020
Parker87

Post by Parker87 »

iHansz wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 9:55 am Oh, that is very annoying. I'm sorry. Fortunately, your test drive ended positively and you can soon enjoy your own e. 8-)
Indeed I will. Thanks iHansz. :)