Proximity Sensor annoying

All Honda E related discussions
Lexcorp

Post by Lexcorp »

Hey, new here. Hope you’re all well.

New owner of my Honda E - loving it! Came from a Tesla and it is fuuuun.

Quick one- I’ve noticed that the proximity sensors come on in certain situations where I don’t need it. Eg food drive throughs. It keeps beeping while waiting and I can’t seem to find a way to quickly “acknowledge” or turn it off, without turning off the safety feature totally.

Is there a method I’m missing?

Thanks in advance!

zemdega

Post by zemdega »

I'm switching off parking sensors for that moment. Looks like there's nothing else to do.
Adding to the topic Honda e is real drama queen :D It's showing red and screaming like crazy when I'm exiting backwards through gates in same manner as I do with Audi which barely notices that I'm close to something.
MaXPainT

Post by MaXPainT »

Wait until it slams on the emergency breaks for you. It did this only once for my girflriend to get paranoid each time we are driving in the garage :D either put it in parking while waiting or temporary turn the thing off in the safety configs. You can also try the car wash mode but if park mode is not an option the car wash won't cut it either as it takes even longer to engage.
EEEE

Post by EEEE »

It is annoying - but I can live with it (it happens in some narrow tunnels and junctions where there are shrubs/bushes etc). Can't be bothered to turn it off as using the screen is a faff.

Its not as annoying as the similar feature on the 10th Gen Civic however. When it has been raining, when you drive off and then brake for the first time, all the water rolls off the bonnet and onto the bumper, then continuously thinks something is in front of you for the next 20 minutes. Luckily on the civic its a physical button to turn it off.
'21 e Advance - Charge Yellow - E1702RR alloys
'17 Civic Sport CVT
'00 Prelude 2.2VTi

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post