Any other countries seeing the end of imports?

All Honda E related discussions
Verone

Post by Verone »

Just curious after hearing news from a friend.

I'm expecting delivery of my e within the next 6-8 weeks. After showing some pics of the car and talking to a colleague who's looking for a short range city EV to commute to work, she got in contact with the Honda dealer here in Reykjavík as she wanted to test drive and order an e.

The response from the dealer was that my car will be the last Honda e (along with one other) that will be imported to Iceland - they're not looking to import any further cars into the country after the two arriving in March.

Granted, because this is Iceland, it's a small country with a franchise dealer that has the license for Honda, Mercedes and Kia, so perhaps they've just decided they don't want to import any more of the model.

Has anyone else heard this from other Honda dealers in other countries?
Icelandic Advance Limited Edition in Premium Crystal Red on 17" rims
Registered May 2023
Home Type 2 Charging & Free Work Type 2 Charging! Woo!
ODO - 8750km

MaXPainT

Post by MaXPainT »

The official Honda dealership here in Lithuania where I have purchased my E almost a year ago has removed any mention of the E from their website. It is not possible to book a test drive or check the pricelist. This makes me believe that we won't have new Es being sold much longer. I have mixed feelings about it. On one hand, it is sad that more people won't get to experience this nice car and Honda won't invest in this platform (or at least software) development. On the other, the limited offer of the car makes it more exclusive and desirable which is not a bad thing for the current owners.
FDAD

Post by FDAD »

MaXPainT wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 5:55 am On the other, the limited offer of the car makes it more exclusive and desirable which is not a bad thing for the current owners.
Being exclusive because of its price/rarity/limited range doesn't make it desirable, it might be difficult to sell in an ever-changing world where every day new better cars are being developed.
Some people bought it because of looks, some because they had the €€ to have an expensive toy to use maybe a couple times a month (to the point where the 12v fails).
Some like me simply don't need excessive size of current cars (and allows me to enjoy other activities I like) the range seemed appropriate (given my own limitation with size), it was expensive but at least with over 60 000 kms I'm getting its money worth and enjoying it to its maximum.

I'm a first time Honda buyer and will probably change brands whenever something similar hits the market . I wasn't aware of the limitations that Honda imposes in their cars (a simple battery/systems check is impossible without a visit to the dealer. OBD port is useless) + the lack of software development.

For those who lease cars and return them after 2/3y it's not a problem.

It failed to be desired because the main flaw was range compared to its price, and unless you really wanted a small car there were/are better options.

The second-hand market could be useful if the prices went down to 25/27 000.

The MG MG4 Electric 64 kWh costs 30 000£ NEW with a Motorway cold weather of 260 km It's a different product but one can't argue about it it's price/range.
The Smart #1 will be available in the uk for £35,000 with a Motorway cold weather of 245 km and it kind of mimics the technology proposal that Honda had going on.

The E doesn't make sense. If Honda could have made something with the 3y that have passed since launch and improved range/trim options, even without paying much attention to the infotainment software I think it would fare much better.
Honda E advance [Modern Steel Metallic] 8-) [DELIVERED JULY 2020] - 85 000Kms + ✌️🎂
zemdega

Post by zemdega »

FDAD wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 11:34 am
MaXPainT wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 5:55 am On the other, the limited offer of the car makes it more exclusive and desirable which is not a bad thing for the current owners.
The E doesn't make sense.
That's everything that you need to know about Honda e :lol: And that's why I have it.
FDAD

Post by FDAD »

zemdega wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 6:23 pm
FDAD wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 11:34 am
The E doesn't make sense.
That's everything that you need to know about Honda e :lol: And that's why I have it.
:lol: :lol: :lol: Well I have it too...
Honda E advance [Modern Steel Metallic] 8-) [DELIVERED JULY 2020] - 85 000Kms + ✌️🎂
Peter-E

Post by Peter-E »

I visited the Brussels Auto Show a few days ago, and was happy to see the little e is still very much a part of Honda’s lineup, with a constant stream of people who wanted to have a look inside. Probably not a lot of potential buyers though… ;)
enesix

Post by enesix »

Yesterday i visit my german dealer for second service of my E. I was told that he cannot order any E from Honda anymore. So it looks like thats the end of new Honda E in Germany.
2021 Advance in Premium Crystal Blue on 16`s Winter and 17`s Summer
1991 NSX
FDAD

Post by FDAD »

Peter-E wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 5:32 am I visited the Brussels Auto Show a few days ago, and was happy to see the little e is still very much a part of Honda’s lineup, with a constant stream of people who wanted to have a look inside. Probably not a lot of potential buyers though… ;)
I went to one here last October, and the Honda e was no more, they were announcing the new civic hybrid.
jtmf

Post by jtmf »

FDAD wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 5:27 pm
Peter-E wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 5:32 am I visited the Brussels Auto Show a few days ago, and was happy to see the little e is still very much a part of Honda’s lineup, with a constant stream of people who wanted to have a look inside. Probably not a lot of potential buyers though… ;)
I went to one here last October, and the Honda e was no more, they were announcing the new civic hybrid.
yes, good to know
Mailforkev

Post by Mailforkev »

I was in the dealership last week for my first service and the guy said they can still easily sell all es that they get.

Biggest shock while there was that the new Civic with metallic paint is over €49k here in Ireland! Will be as rare as rocking horse poo at that price.