Brushing sound at lower speeds?

All Honda E related discussions
vulgaris_magistralis

Post by vulgaris_magistralis »

londiniumperson wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 7:49 pm
vulgaris_magistralis wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 7:07 pm
londiniumperson wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 4:16 pm Mines done that from new, on mine it’s definitely the disc pads rubbing on the discs because not only do I get an excessive (compared to any other car I’ve owned in 40 years) amount of brake dust on the wheels but also the pads have worn a lot more than other EV’s, particularly on the rear.
You know what, it jogged my memory and this might be it. I was surprised to see how much brake dust accumulated on the wheel for such a 5000km car before buying. Check out the image attached and you'll notice the brown dust caked on the inner side.

May I ask how did you get it fixed?
There’s no fix, other than washing the wheels regularly :lol:

After cleaning my wheels they look like your photo after 400m, yes metres not miles.

There’s no point talking to the dealer about this for me because they don’t even fix actual faults.
That sucks. Do you have any guesses what is causing it though? Faulty break pads, misaligned break calipers, or faulty rotors? Break pads would be easy to replace but the rest might be trickier.

I don't mind the dirt it causes but knowing the fact that the break pads randomly scraping against the rotor would drive me mad and I can't left it alone =) If I find a solution (or the source of the problem) I'd sure write it down here.

Rizzoe

Post by Rizzoe »

I've noticied this too but figured it was the electric motor during regen that was making this noise, instead of the brake pads scraping the rotors.

My first service is due in a few weeks (i think, in theory the car was registered in June), so i'll ask if there's something to be done.
Ex Audi S3 8P -> Honda e (12/2022) +
2021 Lexus UX250h 4WD "Midnight" (01/2024)

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post