Alternative e-SIM internet provider

All Honda E related discussions
hondaero

Post by hondaero »

Few remarks:
- indeed, you should not need to contact the previous owner, the dealer or connected services team should be able to fix it as you're the new owner
- if your car would be associated to different owner / driver, the My Honda App+ should report it after you enter the VIN - I understand it is NOT the case as you can reach generate PIN screen
- giving the strange behaviour you see, I would:
1. try with a different phone / fresh app installed (clear cache, etc.) / new account registration (new email address for the purpose of your honda car/app)
2. open ticket to connected services Europe (connectedservices.support@honda-eu.com), mentioning (just) your email address and VIN and ask for resolution. They should be able to check behind the hood, in the Digital Services system, and identify the anomaly there. A reset / reactivation of your car / account / profile would be necessary.
2.1. this action will allow you to get in direct contact with connected services team and / or Honda AT and hopefully solve it; even good dealers don't want to spend time to "debug" connect services issues;
2.2. you can always ask for escalation during the process.

HTH
Thanks,
~amo~
2023 Honda e Red Advance on 16" Michelin 195/55 & 205/55 tyres.

Tonxzy

Post by Tonxzy »

So, a friend who worked for years with me a the local Honda dealer, now he works in an Honda dealer in AT, spoke to Honda AT, and they told him, it's no problem, but the change of the country code is not to do by the dealer, and that's why none of the dealers could help me. The Honda AT or HU or DE is allowed to do this. They need the VIN and the number of the TCU, and with this they can delete every owner of the car, and then change the country code.

I will send him the VIN and the TCU number and next week it should be changed. And then I can use Honda App and Wifi too.

That's it, thank you for your help.
'20 Honda E Advance white
'13 Honda Civic 1.6DTEC
'05 Honda Civic VSA 2.0
hondaero

Post by hondaero »

Good to know there is a potential way to progress in your case !

Kindly asking you to post here on the evolution.

Thanks
~amo~
hondaero

Post by hondaero »

@Tonxzy, wondering if any updates on your side and problem is fixed now.

Thanks
~amo~
Tonxzy

Post by Tonxzy »

I talked to Honda AT, they wanted to help me but after 1 hour they couldn't help, the car doesn't recieve the PIN number so they can't reset the country code. So I need to visit a dealer again and when I'm there then I have to call Honda AT, and then hopefully they should be able to reset the country code and remove the car from the previous owner who maybe still has access to my car. I wrote the previous owner twice (the dealer where I bought the car) but they didn't even answer. So its not so simple like Honda AT said.
If something changes I will tell it.
'20 Honda E Advance white
'13 Honda Civic 1.6DTEC
'05 Honda Civic VSA 2.0
hondaero

Post by hondaero »

Sad to see with all this support you cannot get it running.

I still consider opening a ticket on connected services is a good option. Digital team will be able to check the status of your account and hopefully advice appropriately.

Thanks,
~amo~