Santa Pod

All Honda E related discussions
EEEE

Post by EEEE »

Ran the e down the Santa Pod drag strip today (Mimms show) - surprisingly good fun. All times were surprisingly consistent, with the best 1/4 mile being 15.44@86mph. Caught a few people by surprise, holding it's own against the NA older gen civic EKs and even a few DC5/EP3 type r's (once the integra mastered the launch, he had me at the end, but not much in it).

The Prelude didn't fare as well, completely smoking the clutch all the way up the strip, resulting in a 16.77 @ 88mph. Clutch is fine - but no more launching until it's replaced.

Not too many negative comments taking such a car to a petrol themed event. Most people seemed happy to see it and that it beat a few cars for good measure :lol:
'21 e Advance - Charge Yellow - E1702RR alloys
'17 Civic Sport CVT
'00 Prelude 2.2VTi

londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson »

I’m really surprised that the Honda e held it’s own. Even over 1/4 mile I would have expected the limited top speed to have been very noticeable.
I had a look last night to try and find a YouTube video with your Honda e but have yet to find one.
2022 Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's - 08/2020-Current
2015 VW Tiguan (Pure White) - 04/2018-Current
1991 Honda Beat PP1 (Festival Red) - 11/2022-Current
EEEE

Post by EEEE »

A few pictures from the day. The polishing and waxing paid off it seems - both cars looking very tidy (prelude deceptively so, its had a hard life).

Very small clip of one of my runs here: , 9 runs only used about 14% (81% to 67%) - that includes the driving around the paddock, all the way around etc.

Regarding the top speed - its almost as if Honda designed the gearing for 1/4 mile. As we know the official top speed is 93 indicated at which point the RPM is too high. at 90mph indicated the power starts to tail off. My terminal speed was 88mph on the timing slip, so probably 90mph indicated, a match made in heaven. Not sure if there is any scope to increase power output or reduce weight, but any such attempt would almost be useless due to gearing... It's not to mod, but it was a good laugh and the crowd seemed to enjoy it according to my wife in the stands. Brake hold is perfect for launching off the line. Even the harder non-preheated Michelin primacy had no slip at all (so no traction control cutting the power).

POD_2285.JPG

POD_2367.JPG

POD_2539.JPG

POD_2029.JPG

'21 e Advance - Charge Yellow - E1702RR alloys
'17 Civic Sport CVT
'00 Prelude 2.2VTi