Check when next service is due?

All Honda E related discussions
Rizzoe

Post by Rizzoe »

I must be going mad but i can't seem to find where to check when the next service is due in the car's on-board computer.

I checked the manual and it says to press the "home" button on the steering wheel and scroll until i see the "wrench" icon, but for me the wrench icon isn't in the list! I'm asking because it's been a little over a year since it's registration and i don't know if the dealer already serviced it in december when they sold it to me or if i have to do it now.

Also, shouldn't there be a notification when the next service is due? My ex 14 y/o Audi had it so i can't believe this wouldn't!
Ex Audi S3 8P -> Honda e (12/2022) +
2021 Lexus UX250h 4WD "Midnight" (01/2024)

Verone

Post by Verone »

The Service Reminder System is covered on page 582 of the manual.

It's only available in some countries, not all, depending on where you're located and where you purchased your e. Your car might not have it.

I'm based in Iceland and bought my car here, and I can't seem to find this option in the menu system either.

The general maintenance record is pretty simple, the car should be taken to a dealer for service every 20,000 kilometers, or every 12 months, depending on which occurs first:

0000001.jpg

The service inspections are pretty simple, and are shown on page 588:

0000002.jpg

Icelandic Advance Limited Edition in Premium Crystal Red on 17" rims
Registered May 2023
Home Type 2 Charging & Free Work Type 2 Charging! Woo!
ODO - 8750km
Rizzoe

Post by Rizzoe »

Verone wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 8:18 pm The Service Reminder System is covered on page 582 of the manual.
My manual only goes to page 450 something :oops:

However i do have a little 2-page booklet related to the service reminder system and it says it should be active in Italy, Norway, Lithuania etc... but it doesn't tell me how to check exactly what day or how many days until the service is due.

With my job i just don't have the time to go to the dealer all whilly nilly, looks like i have to call them anyway :roll:
EEEE

Post by EEEE »

If you look at the service schedule in the manual, you will realise that there isn't really anything to service.

Each year is an inspection. a chance to upsell you some wipers and check your rear brake pads aren't low from using too much radar cruise control.

The cabin air filter is due for replacement also, but the car is hardly going to break down if that isn't performed (I suspect its only 50/50 if a garage will replace it anyway). One owner actually had an airbox broken when it was replaced recently, so I wouldn't loose any sleep over that.

As long as you get it to the dealer once a year for the first few years, you will have nothing to worry about. Every other year they might bleed through a bit of brake fluid if your lucky.

I think the only real service item is the diff oil needs replacing in year 5, and that is pretty much it! One of the reasons I bought it, less to do and less to go wrong (famous last words lol).

10th gen civic on the other hand, variable servicing reminder popping up every 6 months lol.
'21 e Advance - Charge Yellow - E1702RR alloys
'17 Civic Sport CVT
'00 Prelude 2.2VTi
MaXPainT

Post by MaXPainT »

I have it in mine (Lithuania). The car starts to tell you on the speedometer that the service is coming soon (something like 30 days before the date). Then it will tell you to get to the chopper now! Then it will start counting the days you should have taken it to the service (I've got mine to +60). I have seen the option to reset the counter somewhere in the settings either in the small speedometer settings or in the general settings of the car.

In case you are interested, the reason it took me two months to get to the service is that I am replacing the tyres two times a year (summer/winter) at the dealership and I wanted to have the service counter at around the same time when I am visiting the dealership for the tyres. They have replaced the cabin air filter (hopefully, nothing has been broken in the process). TBH, the whole service reminder system feels more like a yearly subscription ad rather than a useful feature :)
MaXPainT

Post by MaXPainT »

It lives in the settings of the speedometer. You can make it constantly visible if you want to.

P_20230711_162004.jpg

P_20230711_162015.jpg

Rizzoe

Post by Rizzoe »

EEEE wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 9:33 am If you look at the service schedule in the manual, you will realise that there isn't really anything to service.
I'm aware, it was more from a "keep my warranty" perspective than anything. Since i need to take a day off work to get it serviced, i don't want to go unless I'm 100% the yearly service is due. SInce i bought a 6mo old demo vehicle from the dealer, maybe it wasn't serviced before they delivered it to me (meaning the yearly service is due now) or it was serviced (meaning the next "yearly service" is due in 6mos). That's why i'm adamant in finding the service reminder :lol:
MaXPainT wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 1:23 pm It lives in the settings of the speedometer. You can make it constantly visible if you want to.
This is what i'm looking for, but how did you find the wrench? If i press the "home" button on the steering wheel, i don't see it in the list. Is there some setting to check first?
MaXPainT

Post by MaXPainT »

I think it is the regional thing mentioned above. I didn't do anything to get this option displayed. Maybe it is possible to enable it via the developer options where the hdmi hack and wireless android auto lives?
Rizzoe

Post by Rizzoe »

MaXPainT wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 2:48 pm I think it is the regional thing mentioned above. I didn't do anything to get this option displayed. Maybe it is possible to enable it via the developer options where the hdmi hack and wireless android auto lives?
Odd, in theory it should be active... Is there no way to check this in the app?

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post