No replacement for Honda E

All Honda E related discussions
iHansz

Post by iHansz »

What we have actually seen coming, there will be no replacement for the e. That is a great pity. I had still hoped for an e 2.0 with improved battery technology and greater range and an update for the infotainment. :cry:

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new- ... focus-suvs
Dutch Advance in Charge Yellow on 17"
1st registered Oct 2020
Home charger: public charging stations only

FDAD

Post by FDAD »

I'll probably go with the new Renault 5...
Honda E advance [Modern Steel Metallic] 8-) [DELIVERED JULY 2020] - 85 000Kms + ✌️🎂
Mailforkev

Post by Mailforkev »

I'm waiting to see the specs, and more particularly the prices, for the new Renault 5 too, especially the Alpine version. Similar for the new Mini.

However price of the current Mini has crept up significantly to over 5k more than I paid for my Honda here in Ireland (Mini now 40k vs Honda 35k EUR). The Mini was cheaper than the Honda when I bought.

A Tesla Model 3 is now under 42k here, whereas it was around 50k when I bought the Honda, I might go there.

But I think I might be replacing the Honda with a Volvo EX30 as things currently stand. I like Volvo, we have had at least one (occasionally two, wife has XC60 currently) in the driveway for the last 15 years and spec and pricing is looking favourable.
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

Honda says its down to market demand but I can't help thinking they got the pricing wrong with the e. I am not sure the e:Ny1 will be a huge seller either.
iHansz

Post by iHansz »

Rob wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 10:44 am Honda says its down to market demand but I can't help thinking they got the pricing wrong with the e. I am not sure the e:Ny1 will be a huge seller either.
True. You can also admit that you misjudged the whole situation. Nothing wrong with it. And no, the e:Ny1 is not going to be it either. Basically just a rebuilt HR-V, basically an ICE. And, I don't know if the prices are already known in UK, but here in NL it is again way way overpriced (almost 50,000 euro). Above the price at which you can possibly get purchase subsidy through the government. All the other brands have all lowered their prices below that price of 45,000 euro. Such a pity. :cry:
1st registered Oct 2020
iHansz

Post by iHansz »

Mailforkev wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 9:01 am I'm waiting to see the specs, and more particularly the prices, for the new Renault 5 too, especially the Alpine version. Similar for the new Mini.

However price of the current Mini has crept up significantly to over 5k more than I paid for my Honda here in Ireland (Mini now 40k vs Honda 35k EUR). The Mini was cheaper than the Honda when I bought.

A Tesla Model 3 is now under 42k here, whereas it was around 50k when I bought the Honda, I might go there.

But I think I might be replacing the Honda with a Volvo EX30 as things currently stand. I like Volvo, we have had at least one (occasionally two, wife has XC60 currently) in the driveway for the last 15 years and spec and pricing is looking favourable.
The Volvo EX30 is a very nice car. When I was in Stockholm last June, it was already there at Volvo in the city centre. Car is very clean, maybe too clean on the inside. I missed our screens and the digital mirrors. The positive thought is its good price. It's a smaller car than the Honda e:Ny1, but if you compare prices, the Honda is 10,000 euros more expensive than the Volvo and designed in base as a BEV.

What I have seen from photos of the new Mini is that it has become way too ' fat or obese' and that front end is really ugly, but that's just my opinion. :lol:

Am also curious about the Renault, but I used to work at Renault and once I drive Honda, I know you can build better cars (build quality) too. :ugeek:

We will see, Honda celebrates its 75th anniversary this year and maybe they will come up with a surprise.
1st registered Oct 2020
Sousaphone

Post by Sousaphone »

Rob wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 10:44 am Honda says its down to market demand but I can't help thinking they got the pricing wrong with the e. I am not sure the e:Ny1 will be a huge seller either.
I think they got more than just the pricing wrong. Getting to buy an e in Denmark was a struggle and a half. All the stealership seemed interested in was selling me a Jazz instead (incidentally they had a bonus for selling those at the time, but no bonus for selling an e). If your people on the ground are actively trying to not sell a product it probably won’t sell well.
londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson »

Sousaphone wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 11:03 am
I think they got more than just the pricing wrong. Getting to buy an e in Denmark was a struggle and a half. All the stealership seemed interested in was selling me a Jazz instead (incidentally they had a bonus for selling those at the time, but no bonus for selling an e). If your people on the ground are actively trying to not sell a product it probably won’t sell well.
It’s definitely not due to market demand.
UK Honda dealers hate the e, I had to do all the leg work and almost beg to buy one and since owning it have had nothing but disdain from everyone at the Portsmouth Hendy Honda dealership.

It’s probably down to the bonus system they have in place that encourages the dealers to sell anything but an e.
2020 Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's - 08/2020-Current
2015 VW Tiguan (Pure White) - 04/2018-Current
1991 Honda Beat PP1 (Festival Red) - 11/2022-Current
iHansz

Post by iHansz »

Latest news. The e is no longer available to order in the Netherlands, nor does it show up in the configurator. :shock:
1st registered Oct 2020
londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson »

Proof that Honda UK have no interest in selling EV's is their pricing on the Honda e:Ny1.
2020 Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's - 08/2020-Current
2015 VW Tiguan (Pure White) - 04/2018-Current
1991 Honda Beat PP1 (Festival Red) - 11/2022-Current

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post