Cheapest Honda e for sale

All Honda E related discussions
londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson »

Verone wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 9:32 am
Swiss Navy Commander wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 8:54 pm The fundamental principal in our free market economy is for a trader to try and obtain an item at less than the market price in order to make a profit
There's free market economics, then there's outright price gouging against those who need to sell a car fast, typically to free up cash to pay debts, or to clear finance on existing vehicles/put down a deposit on a new one.

After working in the auto industry for best part of a decade, literally nothing about using We Buy Any Car makes sense, and the valuations are based on little more than which way the wind is blowing on a particular day, and what side of the bed the assessor got out of in the morning.

We Buy Any Car bases their entire business model on gouging people who are trying to rush a sale through in order to get cash in hand.

It's 100% not an accurate basis for any form of valuation.
WBAC pricing is not based on 'what side of the bed the assessor got out of in the morning' by any means, you don't seem to realise that it is owned by British Car Auctions.
2020 Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's - 08/2020-Current
2015 VW Tiguan (Pure White) - 04/2018-Current
1991 Honda Beat PP1 (Festival Red) - 11/2022-Current

Verone

Post by Verone »

londiniumperson wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 6:24 pm WBAC pricing is not based on 'what side of the bed the assessor got out of in the morning' by any means, you don't seem to realise that it is owned by British Car Auctions.
I'm aware of who owns it, and the fact that BCA do, who in turn are owned by a private equity group only further reinforces my point. They're not out to give anyone a good deal. They're out to lowball you as hard as they possibly can so that they can get the largest possible margin at auction.

I've seen a few people deal with them in the past (against my recommendations) and get totally shafted on the price of their cars.
Icelandic Advance Limited Edition in Premium Crystal Red on 17" rims
Registered May 2023
Home Type 2 Charging & Free Work Type 2 Charging! Woo!
ODO - 8750km

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post