Cheapest Honda e for sale

All Honda E related discussions
Distant

Post by Distant »

Just looking for a used one now as test drove the other day and really liked it as a daily run around. To be honest like most cars, depreciates a lot as soon as you drive away even on a used model. Hoping to get a few good years out of it.

5thcivic

Post by 5thcivic »

Frankly if you are worried about depreciation don't buy a new car, you're several grand down on the day you drive away from the dealer, let alone after the first few years easily 50% down. The last couple of years after lockdown have been atypical for secondhand prices. I would guess the best value must be a reliable make maybe just after it's first MOT and change a couple of years later or drive to fall apart??
Distant

Post by Distant »

5thcivic wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:00 pm Frankly if you are worried about depreciation don't buy a new car, you're several grand down on the day you drive away from the dealer, let alone after the first few years easily 50% down. The last couple of years after lockdown have been atypical for secondhand prices. I would guess the best value must be a reliable make maybe just after it's first MOT and change a couple of years later or drive to fall apart??
Yes that makes sense. Always depends on when you buy. I assume if you got the advance at it's cheapest with grant etc. The 18-19K for a used one after 3 years you've lost approx £10 over 3 years which I don't think is too bad in the scheme of things. Called up on the 18K one and it has gone....no surprise.
Verone

Post by Verone »

I bought my e brand new with the mentality that I'm going to drive it until it literally dies. If you're worried about depreciation, buy a three year old car that's already lost its new vehicle value and has 30,000 - 50,000 kilometers on it.

I drive a decent amount, so I expect to get at least ten years of life out of it, and will hopefully drop around 300,000 - 400,000 kilometers on it before it gives up the ghost in any major way, although I kind of want to target a million kilometers and see if I can get there without the battery being so degraded that it had 15 kilometers of range :lol:

After that, if the running gear dies and the shell/body are still in good shape, I might do something stupid and put it in the garage as a project, and try to see if I can ICE swap it and make a mid engine, rear wheel drive VTEC hot hatch out of it :P
Icelandic Advance Limited Edition in Premium Crystal Red on 17" rims
Registered May 2023
Home Type 2 Charging & Free Work Type 2 Charging! Woo!
ODO - 8750km
milligoon

Post by milligoon »

Verone wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 10:42 am

I drive a decent amount, so I expect to get at least ten years of life out of it, and will hopefully drop around 300,000 - 400,000 kilometers on it before it gives up the ghost in any major way, although I kind of want to target a million kilometers and see if I can get there without the battery being so degraded that it had 15 kilometers of range :lol:

If you want a car with 1 million km battery warranty wasn't Toyota alluding to that with their conservative DC charging on the BZ4X?
Ex e owner
Verone

Post by Verone »

milligoon wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:00 am If you want a car with 1 million km battery warranty wasn't Toyota alluding to that with their conservative DC charging on the BZ4X?
I considered the BZ4X/Solterra, but they drive like a bag of shit and look terrible.

I don't want a car with a 1 million km battery warranty, I wanted the Honda e, which I bought... it's just going to be interesting to see how far it goes before it dies :D
Icelandic Advance Limited Edition in Premium Crystal Red on 17" rims
Registered May 2023
Home Type 2 Charging & Free Work Type 2 Charging! Woo!
ODO - 8750km
Smeemi

Post by Smeemi »

Had a test drive of the honda e today.
Really easy to drive, couldn't push it to the limit for obvious reasons but it seemed like a really nice car.

I'm looking for ideally a 21 reg in grey, it seems about 19500 will get you one with c10k miles.

What do people think about the price, and also expected depreciation in next couple of years?
EEEE

Post by EEEE »

In my view, its still stupidly expensive for a car that is not terribly versatile or has much utility. I bought it on a whim and I don't regret it but can see why others might. Depends on your personal circumstances (wife, kids, work location, parking, home charger cost, other car available etc). I expect the price will further drop as its demand will become smaller.

I use it as my main car for commuting and short trips, but every weekend excursion or holiday etc we take one of the other petrol cars. If it's your only car and you more than occasionally need to travel more than 40 miles from home and back in a day, then you will probably get annoyed with it simply because the range and public charging.

The hot weather is giving us all a good few extra miles at the minute, but don't let that fool you, most of the time the UK is colder...

Other than that, the car drives decently (ok its no sports car as its quite heavy and has a bit of an understeer tendency, but quick off the line), has decent equipment and finish level and gets a lot of looks.
'21 e Advance - Charge Yellow - E1702RR alloys
'17 Civic Sport CVT
'00 Prelude 2.2VTi
Distant

Post by Distant »

Smeemi wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 4:53 pm Had a test drive of the honda e today.
Really easy to drive, couldn't push it to the limit for obvious reasons but it seemed like a really nice car.

I'm looking for ideally a 21 reg in grey, it seems about 19500 will get you one with c10k miles.

What do people think about the price, and also expected depreciation in next couple of years?

Hello! Snap test drove one a while ago and about to get a 20 used reg in grey if the dealers sorts out a few bits of wear and tear on the car. Fsh, mot done etc...

Used prices still seem inflated and no doubt will further decrease with new small superminis coming onto the market which are both cheaper and have a longer range.

There is never a good time to buy as more than likely you will always lose money etc. I think it will definitely take a bigger hit over the next few years but if you have that attitude you'll never end up buying it.
Smeemi

Post by Smeemi »

Distant wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 2:56 pm
Smeemi wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 4:53 pm Had a test drive of the honda e today.

Hello! Snap test drove one a while ago and about to get a 20 used reg in grey if the dealers sorts out a few bits of wear and tear on the car. Fsh, mot done etc...

Used prices still seem inflated and no doubt will further decrease with new small superminis coming onto the market which are both cheaper and have a longer range.

There is never a good time to buy as more than likely you will always lose money etc. I think it will definitely take a bigger hit over the next few years but if you have that attitude you'll never end up buying it.

Just put a deposit on a grey one.
Got a 72 reg with 10k miles for 21,000 with 2 year warranty left and 5 year service plan (4 left).

Can't wait. How much are you looking at for a 2020 reg?

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post