Cheapest Honda e for sale

All Honda E related discussions
londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson »

Distant wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 2:56 pm
Smeemi wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 4:53 pm Had a test drive of the honda e today.
Really easy to drive, couldn't push it to the limit for obvious reasons but it seemed like a really nice car.

I'm looking for ideally a 21 reg in grey, it seems about 19500 will get you one with c10k miles.

What do people think about the price, and also expected depreciation in next couple of years?
Hello! Snap test drove one a while ago and about to get a 20 used reg in grey if the dealers sorts out a few bits of wear and tear on the car. Fsh, mot done etc...

Used prices still seem inflated and no doubt will further decrease with new small superminis coming onto the market which are both cheaper and have a longer range.

There is never a good time to buy as more than likely you will always lose money etc. I think it will definitely take a bigger hit over the next few years but if you have that attitude you'll never end up buying it.
What's the wear & tear which you want sorted, mine is 3 yrs old, 20k miles and other than a couple of stone chips, still in pristine condition, just like I would expect of any make of car of this age & mileage?
2020 Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's - 08/2020-Current
2015 VW Tiguan (Pure White) - 04/2018-Current
1991 Honda Beat PP1 (Festival Red) - 11/2022-Current

Distant

Post by Distant »

londiniumperson wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 7:48 pm
Really easy to drive, couldn't push it to the limit for obvious reasons but it seemed like a really nice car.

I'm looking for ideally a 21 reg in grey, it seems about 19500 will get you one with c10k miles.

What do people think about the price, and also expected depreciation in next couple of years?
Hello! Snap test drove one a while ago and about to get a 20 used reg in grey if the dealers sorts out a few bits of wear and tear on the car. Fsh, mot done etc...

Used prices still seem inflated and no doubt will further decrease with new small superminis coming onto the market which are both cheaper and have a longer range.

There is never a good time to buy as more than likely you will always lose money etc. I think it will definitely take a bigger hit over the next few years but if you have that attitude you'll never end up buying it.
What's the wear & tear which you want sorted, mine is 3 yrs old, 20k miles and other than a couple of stone chips, still in pristine condition, just like I would expect of any make of car of this age & mileage?
That's the thing. Previous owner didn't take much care with it. A slight dent in bumper, stain on seat and a slight scratch on door etc.. slight red flag as I don't think the previous owner didn't take much care with it.
Distant

Post by Distant »

Smeemi wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 7:14 pm

Just put a deposit on a grey one.
Got a 72 reg with 10k miles for 21,000 with 2 year warranty left and 5 year service plan (4 left).

Can't wait. How much are you looking at for a 2020 reg?
Just messaged you.
Smeemi

Post by Smeemi »

Distant wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 8:06 pm
Smeemi wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 7:14 pm

Just put a deposit on a grey one.
Got a 72 reg with 10k miles for 21,000 with 2 year warranty left and 5 year service plan (4 left).

Can't wait. How much are you looking at for a 2020 reg?
Just messaged you.
Haven't received anything
Swiss Navy Commander

Post by Swiss Navy Commander »

Brace yourself ....if you are of a nervous or anxious disposition, do not look at the quote I got from "We buy any car . com "

The car has 36,500 miles and has never been in any form of accident and when valeted is like new and I bought it new for around £31k three years ago
Your HONDA HONDA e valuation is here.pdf
(191.32 KiB) Downloaded 163 times
advance2020

Post by advance2020 »

londiniumperson wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 11:23 am To make me depressed about the huge loss in the value of my car, I thought I’d see how cheap a used Honda e now is.
Well as of today, here’s the cheapest on Auto Trader:
£18k, 9200 miles, Meteoroid Grey Metallic, private seller
There are also a load of others under £19k.

I should have just waited 3 years before I bought mine 😢
Yes, this is depressing given that I recently paid off my balloon @£16k.
However, if I were to win the lottery tomorrow, some chance, I wouldn’t change my car. I would buy a better house, possibly move to Ireland and buy a holiday home in Portugal, but I am more than happy with my “e”. I don’t need a bigger car ID3 or Cupra. A Mini or Fiat would be a step backwards. A Tesla too big, and I would rather have an Ioniq 5 or 6. A Porsche ridiculous, but better than an Audi eTron. Maybe I would research ID2 and Renault 5e but would a Stellantis car have the build quality?

Used prices probably reflect the state of UK economy just now, but I'd never go back to ICE. Having driven a Honda Jazz hybrid, I hated the windscreen bars dominating my view, I would never go there! And on the odd occasion that I drive my wife's Audi A1 Sport, I wonder where my One Pedal Mode is, and have to keep BRAKING and changing gear. So old school. And I miss my cameras.

Also I can’t believe that Honda’s “other offer” eNY1 doesn’t have One Pedal mode, despite centre console controls being the same, without the essential button. WTF say the YouTube reviewers. And of course they have gone for iPad style touch controls, less physical buttons, and no door cameras, all to save money (add profit) at £45k+

No I’m more than happy that we were one of the first in the UK to get our cars.
No regrets. Never look back
Platinum White Pearl: e-driving green at last, on R17 Michelin Pilot Sport
A fan of One Pedal Driving max >>> and physical buttons
Swiss Navy Commander

Swiss Navy Commander wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 10:43 pm Brace yourself ....if you are of a nervous or anxious disposition, do not look at the quote I got from "We buy any car . com "

The car has 36,500 miles and has never been in any form of accident and when valeted is like new and I bought it new for around £31k three years ago
Well what a difference a week makes ….now down to £11,230 !! This would imply that on the forecourt a 36,500 miles car looking more or less as new will command around £14,000

I am sure its range is a factor that will put off many buyers. But those of us who can work around that range issue and know that the build quality is very high will see these cars at the prices they have now reached as a bargain
Verone

Post by Verone »

I don't understand why anyone would base the actual value of their car on a quote from We Buy Any Car.

Their entire business model is built around lowballing you an offer and hoping you take it because you just want to get rid of your car fast, then they can sell it on for profit.
Icelandic Advance Limited Edition in Premium Crystal Red on 17" rims
Registered May 2023
Home Type 2 Charging & Free Work Type 2 Charging! Woo!
ODO - 8750km
Swiss Navy Commander

Verone wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 5:38 pm I don't understand why anyone would base the actual value of their car on a quote from We Buy Any Car.

Their entire business model is built around lowballing you an offer and hoping you take it because you just want to get rid of your car fast, then they can sell it on for profit.
The fundamental principal in our free market economy is for a trader to try and obtain an item at less than the market price in order to make a profit

I don't regard the figure offered by "We Buy Any Car dot Com " as its actual value, BUT based on their figure and applying a dealers profit I can estimate what it is likely to be worth on a dealers forecourt.

It does show that the markets view of the Honda E is that its list price ( and the price I paid those 3 years ago) is not palatable and this of course is evidenced by the value of them second hand which shows very heavy depreciation
Verone

Post by Verone »

Swiss Navy Commander wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 8:54 pm The fundamental principal in our free market economy is for a trader to try and obtain an item at less than the market price in order to make a profit
There's free market economics, then there's outright price gouging against those who need to sell a car fast, typically to free up cash to pay debts, or to clear finance on existing vehicles/put down a deposit on a new one.

After working in the auto industry for best part of a decade, literally nothing about using We Buy Any Car makes sense, and the valuations are based on little more than which way the wind is blowing on a particular day, and what side of the bed the assessor got out of in the morning.

We Buy Any Car bases their entire business model on gouging people who are trying to rush a sale through in order to get cash in hand.

It's 100% not an accurate basis for any form of valuation.
Icelandic Advance Limited Edition in Premium Crystal Red on 17" rims
Registered May 2023
Home Type 2 Charging & Free Work Type 2 Charging! Woo!
ODO - 8750km

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post