CarPlay & iOS 17

All Honda E related discussions
londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson »

ZoeDave wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 6:04 pm For what it's worth I had my car serviced a couple of days ago - £250 for an excruciatingly well-documented cabin filter change!

I did mention the problem to them and afterwards they told me that there were no software updates but had done a software reset of some sorts. All my settings still seemed to be there, and as I returned at 4pm after somehow running out of London to occupy my time, and they had only just started to look at the car, I can't imagine a huge amount was done. I've only done a few short trips since, but it has worked fine so maybe they did something?
Do you still have the aquarium, if you do then I doubt very much if they did any sort of reset?
2020 Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's - 08/2020-Current
2015 VW Tiguan (Pure White) - 04/2018-Current
1991 Honda Beat PP1 (Festival Red) - 11/2022-Current

ZoeDave

Post by ZoeDave »

Thanks for the reply Londiniumperson, despite the delay I've been keeping it in mind.

I totally agree that as the Aquarium app is still installed (well it's still listed under all apps, don't ever actually open it), and the car connected to the phone immediately after the service, and was told that there were no software updates, and they barely started looking at the car 2hrs before it was washed and done, it seems very much like they did the square root of nothing.

The thing is though, I've been using the car daily since, and did a rare 200+ mile return trip this weekend (still to pass 5k), and the wireless CarPlay has worked flawlessly throughout, even juggling podcasts/music and Google maps on the long journey. As nothing has changed on the phone during this time (I'm on the latest version of the last iOS, haven't done the yearly update just yet), it seems like more than just a coincidence. It's also definitely not just quitting the app that deals with the phone, as I've done that multiple times in the past.

The only thing I can think of that I could possibly replicate in the future is that maybe the car usually puts the Android system in sleep when the car is off, but that there is an option to actually reboot it?

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post