Goodbye Honda e – That's a Wrap in Europe

All Honda E related discussions
RAL7004

Post by RAL7004 »

According to Honda Germany, it's no longer possible to order the Honda e in Europe.
They have also disappeared from the website. What about the UK?
I'm curious to see what this means for any potential spare parts...

Verone

Post by Verone »

Still on the UK website.

Here in Iceland, they stopped taking orders for them at the start of January 2023. Thankfully I ordered mine the previous September, so I still managed to have it delivered in May.

In terms of spare parts, while there's some stuff that's bespoke to the e, there's a lot of the running gear that's shared with the Jazz, Civic and e:NY1.

Having worked in the auto industry for best part of a decade, I'm not concerned about spare parts for the foreseeable future.

Auto manufactures make sure that there's a stock of spares for their models, and often third party suppliers can be called on to manufacture batches of parts if needed to replenish back stock.
Icelandic Advance Limited Edition in Premium Crystal Red on 17" rims
Registered May 2023
Home Type 2 Charging & Free Work Type 2 Charging! Woo!
ODO - 8750km
iHansz

Post by iHansz »

RAL7004 wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:56 pm According to Honda Germany, it's no longer possible to order the Honda e in Europe.
They have also disappeared from the website. What about the UK?
I'm curious to see what this means for any potential spare parts...
In the Netherlands, the e had not been available for more than six months. :cry:
Dutch Advance in Charge Yellow on 17"
1st registered Oct 2020
Home charger: public charging stations only
MaXPainT

Post by MaXPainT »

More than a year in Lithuania. No mentioning on the dealer's website that it has ever existed.
jonc

Post by jonc »

Disappearing from Sweden now as well. According to news site feber.se Sweden currently has 419 registered vehicles.
2020 e Advance - Platinum White Pearl
iHansz

Post by iHansz »

jonc wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:00 am Disappearing from Sweden now as well. According to news site feber.se Sweden currently has 419 registered vehicles.
That is at least more than in the Netherlands (167). ;)
Dutch Advance in Charge Yellow on 17"
1st registered Oct 2020
Home charger: public charging stations only
MattHero

Post by MattHero »

https://www.howmanyleft.co.uk/vehicle/honda_e_advance

1894 in the UK as of Q2 2023 with a further 61 on SORN (so likely to be sat registered at dealers awaiting a home). So in total, just under 2k will likely ever have hit the UK roads.
2020 Advance Charge Yellow on 16s.
RAL7004

Post by RAL7004 »

Verone wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 9:31 pm In terms of spare parts, while there's some stuff that's bespoke to the e, there's a lot of the running gear that's shared with the Jazz, Civic and e:NY1.
Having worked in the auto industry for best part of a decade, I'm not concerned about spare parts for the foreseeable future.
Auto manufactures make sure that there's a stock of spares for their models, and often third party suppliers can be called on to manufacture batches of parts if needed to replenish back stock.
My concern is that special parts (e.g. the loading flap made of glass, side windows, door handles, cameras, etc.) will be difficult or expensive to obtain. Maybe I'm just thinking about it because at the moment, due to the icy conditions, all the things mentioned are being affected/not working properly and we often have to get into the car via the rear door...

BTW:
According to the Federal Motor Transport Authority a.k.a. Kraftfahrt-Bundesamt in Germany, a total of 1127 new Honda e models were registered in 2020, and slightly more in 2021 with 1256 units. In 2022, only 677 units were registered – in 2023, 101 units up to and including October....

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post