Charging schedule again!

All Honda E related discussions
5thcivic

Post by 5thcivic »

I've always had the charging schedule set to 8.00 to 2.00 so the car charges at night. Since the app has been updated it also says the schedule is 8.00 to 2.00 but underneath says this is across 2 days!!! and now I get a notification every morning that the car is not charging. Has the app a fault for this setting?
I only need to charge a couple of times a month and just turning off notifications does not seem a very intelligent solution to the problem?

hondaeboy

Post by hondaeboy »

5thcivic wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 8:40 pm I've always had the charging schedule set to 8.00 to 2.00 so the car charges at night.
You mean that the car has been set in such a way that it will *not* charge from 8 o'clock in the morning til 2 o'clock at night? And that it will only charge between 2 and 8 in the morning?
2021 Honda e Advance on 16" RC30 wheels with Goodyear 195/55 & 205/55 tyres.
Wrapped in Red metallic with full black and cinnamon leather interior.
5thcivic

Post by 5thcivic »

Yes, that's exactly how the car works, you set when it is not to charge in 24 hour numbers, so why does the app say it is across 2 days? It is not so on the car screen.
londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson »

5thcivic wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 7:07 pm Yes, that's exactly how the car works, you set when it is not to charge in 24 hour numbers, so why does the app say it is across 2 days? It is not so on the car screen.
It is across 2 days, 8am until midnight of the 1st day and then midnight to 2am the 2nd day.

As the whole design of the car has been poorly implemented I would never attempt to do that. I would suggest using your car charger to set the schedule but if this is not possible then I would set up 2 separate schedules on the car:
Day 1: 8am until midnight
Day 2: midnight until 2am

This should result in allowing the car to car between 2am & 8am.
2020 Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's - 08/2020-Current
2015 VW Tiguan (Pure White) - 04/2018-Current
1991 Honda Beat PP1 (Festival Red) - 11/2022-Current
5thcivic

Post by 5thcivic »

I see if the "not charge" schedule is across 2 days, from 8 o'clock in the morning to 2 o'clock in the morning the next day, but that is totally un-intuitive (just like telling it not to instead of when you want it to).

And then why should the app keep saying your car isn't charging every day when you don't have it plugged in, and wanting or waiting to charge?

I have had it set up like this from new and it works fine, never a problem, and always fully charged when plugged in, I don't charge every day, and frankly found the car easier than setting the pod point - but the latest app update has started this notification rubbish every day.
londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson »

5thcivic wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:28 pm I see if the "not charge" schedule is across 2 days, from 8 o'clock in the morning to 2 o'clock in the morning the next day, but that is totally un-intuitive (just like telling it not to instead of when you want it to).

And then why should the app keep saying your car isn't charging every day when you don't have it plugged in, and wanting or waiting to charge?

I have had it set up like this from new and it works fine, never a problem, and always fully charged when plugged in, I don't charge every day, and frankly found the car easier than setting the pod point - but the latest app update has started this notification rubbish every day.
I agree that this isn't right, but that that's Honda for you :roll:
2020 Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's - 08/2020-Current
2015 VW Tiguan (Pure White) - 04/2018-Current
1991 Honda Beat PP1 (Festival Red) - 11/2022-Current
5thcivic

Post by 5thcivic »

Yes, the car is fine, but the app update (presumably from the new subscription model) seems to have a bug or two that need sorting.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post