New Honda e wheels fitted

All Honda E related discussions
jonc

Post by jonc »

I wasn’t happy with the ugly, generic after market wheels my dealer provided for my leased car’s winter wires.

So when I’d decided to buy the car out after the lease period ends, and the summer tires was due for replacement, I bought new 17” Honda rims for the summer tires and switched the winter tires to the old 16” rims that originally came with the car.

Very happy to finally have model specific wheels year around and I think they look pretty great.

IMG_6008.jpeg

2020 e Advance - Platinum White Pearl

FDAD

Post by FDAD »

jonc wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 11:00 am I wasn’t happy with the ugly, generic after market wheels my dealer provided for my leased car’s winter wires.

So when I’d decided to buy the car out after the lease period ends, and the summer tires was due for replacement, I bought new 17” Honda rims for the summer tires and switched the winter tires to the old 16” rims that originally came with the car.

Very happy to finally have model specific wheels year around and I think they look pretty great.
They DO!
Honda E advance [Modern Steel Metallic] 8-) [DELIVERED JULY 2020] - 85 000Kms + ✌️🎂
E-vteclover

Post by E-vteclover »

What summertires did you fit on them?
I fitted michelin pilot sport 5 and they are great
Verone

Post by Verone »

I really like how these look, but I'm worried about how the diamond cut surface will hold up to the weather and road salt in the winter.

I kinda wanted them, but decided not to spec them when I was ordering my car and ordered a second set of wheels with it. Ended up going with the stock "gas burner" style wheels that come on the advance, with just a little of the diamond cut effect as I wanted to keep the all black LE wheels in as-new condition in case I ever come to sell the car.

These look particularly good with the white paint though :D
Icelandic Advance Limited Edition in Premium Crystal Red on 17" rims
Registered May 2023
Home Type 2 Charging & Free Work Type 2 Charging! Woo!
ODO - 9350km
EEEE

Post by EEEE »

I love these wheels, they really suit the car and are very striking when clean. I'm not a fan of black wheels, so when I was searching for the car, I drove a fair distance to pick up my example with these wheels. I have one blemish on the rim, but otherwise the lacquer is holding up well so far. Can't say the same for the centre caps however, they look absolutely terrible.

If your centre caps are in good condition, I would recommend removing them, remove the emblem, and re-lacquer them before they start to corrode. I'm not even sure if they are lacquered in the first place, the corrosion was pretty much there within 1 year, and now they are almost all white with oxidation.
'21 e Advance - Charge Yellow - E1702RR alloys
'17 Civic Sport CVT
'00 Prelude 2.2VTi
wokiss

Post by wokiss »

Love the clean look! The wheel was the main attraction point when I purchased mine too. :)
jonc

Post by jonc »

E-vteclover wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 7:39 am What summertires did you fit on them?
I fitted michelin pilot sport 5 and they are great
Went full JDM an got Yokohama BluEarth-ES :D
2020 e Advance - Platinum White Pearl

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post