Honda e current prices

All Honda E related discussions
firewire71

Post by firewire71 »

As I am looking to buy a Honda e, I am wondering if they're now worth the current prices for almost new in the low 20K. There seems to be a big gap between really high mileage in the mid teens or the really low miles. I'm just concerned what their worth will be in the next couple of years when its time for trade in. I read online on another forum that someone was refused a trade in by a VW dealer for their Cupra Born EV as ev market seems to have crashed. Would any of you still consider buying an almost new Honda e for around 22 -23K or take a chance on a high mileage?

MrM83

Post by MrM83 »

I think only you can decide on that question. I was on the hunt for a used e but really struggled to find one that looked like it had been looked after. Admittedly prices have dropped a little further since then, but I think that’s more a function of the EV market as a whole. I ended up buying a new car on a deal Honda had going.

Had I found a used car that ticked the boxes I would have not bought new.
mrdo

Post by mrdo »

There are models in the middle of those two choices - I recently ended up buying a Honda Approved model with low mileage so can guarantee that it's been looked after (there are quite a few ex-demonstrators on the Honda website) and still has a little warranty in case the door handles decide to play up. I'll be taking out the extended warranty once the standard warranty expires to cover the brake simulator issue (door handles aren't covered by the extended warranty, surprise, surprise).

Of course depreciation is still a massive consideration - like a few others on the site I'm hoping to keep mine for the medium to long term so hopefully the EV market will have stabilised by then.
MrM83

Post by MrM83 »

I’ve seen some horrible “Honda Approved” cars. I personally wouldn’t take this as a measure of the car being looked after in any way. You’d get the benefit of a years warranty if older than 3 years but that’s about it. Buy on condition would be my advice.
EEEE

Post by EEEE »

I was about to say don't be fooled by 'Honda approved', it doesn't mean anything at all. Our first Civic 10th gen (1.0 CVT) was in an accident and really badly repaired. Not even 18 months old and had 2 rusty doors, overspray, missing labels, painted over bits, trim held on with woodscrews etc. Luckily the 'Honda Approved' comes with 30 day return policy!
'21 e Advance - Charge Yellow - E1702RR alloys
'17 Civic Sport CVT
'00 Prelude 2.2VTi
firewire71

Post by firewire71 »

Thanks for the feedback fellas as its much appreciated. I was looking at this example: https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-detail ... 23&fromsra and then something did not seem right with the way the bonnet sits as there seems to be an uneven gap and also the charging port doesn't sit flush as well. The sales guy says there is no issue reported and is in pristine condition etc etc. But something doesn't sit right (pun not intended).
MrM83

Post by MrM83 »

I see what you mean, looks like the bonnet isn’t shut correctly. It might be something simple. Maybe ask the sales guy for a video with him opening the bonnet, showing you underneath it and then closing again and see what comes of it? I’m sure they’d be willing to do it for a sale?
FDAD

Post by FDAD »

MrM83 wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 3:01 pm I see what you mean, looks like the bonnet isn’t shut correctly.
Looks the same to me...
Honda E advance [Modern Steel Metallic] 8-) [DELIVERED JULY 2020] - 85 000Kms + ✌️🎂
firewire71

Post by firewire71 »

MrM83, you were right! seems like it was not closed correctly as the sales guy sent a video showing the bonnet properly closed. Strange they never even paid any attention before posting photos. What do you guys think of the price? Fair, good or stay away? :)
londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson »

That definitely looks like the bonnet isn't fully closed, there are 2 catches on it, one each side.
2020 Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's - 08/2020-Current
2015 VW Tiguan (Pure White) - 04/2018-Current
1991 Honda Beat PP1 (Festival Red) - 11/2022-Current

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post