Validating your device - stuck HELP!!

All Honda E related discussions
Dunk2802

Post by Dunk2802 »

Hi everyone,

I take delivery tomorrow and have been trying to set up the Honda+ App.

It won’t get past the ‘validating your device’ page.

Anyone have any tips or hints for setting up the app? It is driving me bananas already.

Thanks, Duncan
Crystal Blue 16” Advance. Fuming about the app.

Keawon

Post by Keawon »

Okey, in Sweden we take delivery of the car and then after 48h go back to dealer to activate. It worked perfectly and havent hade any issue more then app is slow. Do you have turn on location services and so on for app?
milligoon

Post by milligoon »

Has your dealer activated your car already?

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=269&start=10

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=314
Ex e owner
advance2020

Post by advance2020 »

Having checked the Date of your Post - I'm too late - hope you Connected Ok, if not don't stress.

Be VERY PATIENT - lower your expectations about the App and just enjoy your new Car.
Follow advice above.
Make sure your Dealer knows what they are doing - have they already been successful with others?
And DO NOT Subscribe to more than One Option.
If it connects first time that's great. But then the frustration will be begin.
The App is slow - even when you have good 4G connection for phone & car. And it may often ask you Log Out and Log In again, even if you have Fingerprint ID set.

Don't say we didn't warn you.
This Forum is full of Posts about the MyHonda+ App and its shortcomings.

Fortunately you don't need to use the App to enjoy your car, otherwise there would be lots of Honda e's sitting on forecourts, where we returned them!
Platinum White Pearl: e-driving green at last, on R17 Michelin Pilot Sport
A fan of One Pedal Driving max >>> and physical buttons
Mr_Helge

Post by Mr_Helge »

Keawon wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 11:31 am Okey, in Sweden we take delivery of the car and then after 48h go back to dealer to activate. It worked perfectly and havent hade any issue more then app is slow. Do you have turn on location services and so on for app?

It depends. My dealer did the last steps with me at pickup, activation went flawless. No revisit needed.
As advance2020 mention, the dealer needs to know what they are doing and be one step ahead. 2 days before pickup they need to start the process.
iHansz

Post by iHansz »

My dealer must first be taught how to activate it in the car itself. The App is now stuck on validating and I am already in contact with Honda about it, it takes a week for them to answer anyway. They say that they are working on it (what exactly then ?) and they still ask for some patience. Fortunately, the car also works without an App, but it is annoying, especially if you have friends with Tesla's... But everyone in the Netherlands already drives in it. The e is much more exclusive. ;)
Dutch Advance in Charge Yellow on 17"
1st registered Oct 2020
Home charger: public charging stations only
Mr_Helge

Post by Mr_Helge »

The Dealer should download all the info/guides from Honda Maris. In sweden, all dealerships had a crash course with Honda Sweden.
milligoon linked to useful info. But in short they have to change the eSIM status from eCall only to Normal, using HDS (Can-bus tool).
Then you can start the pairing and validate the car. It's not our job to educate the dealership though :roll:
milligoon

Post by milligoon »

I pre-empted my dealer, they practised on a Jazz and their demonstrator before doing mine, which they did 24 hours before I picked mine up.
Ex e owner
Yellow e

Post by Yellow e »

Hello, my 'e' would not pair with the app and the dealer had issues too. Finally gave me the attached service update last week and within an hour or so everything was fine.
The app itself is very slow though!
My Honda+.pdf
(3.2 MiB) Downloaded 271 times
Advance, Charge Yellow, little wheels, 3pin home charger.
advance2020

Post by advance2020 »

CLightley wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 9:52 am Hello, my 'e' would not pair with the app and the dealer had issues too. Finally gave me the attached service update last week and within an hour or so everything was fine.
The app itself is very slow though!
The App is Slow!
Don't rely on it if you are in a hurry.
A good way to kill time, if you have nothing better to do.
Lower your expectations, and you might find it useful at times - i.e. when it manages to talk to your car, and your car can talk to Honda, and Honda manages to respond, and then talk to your App. I hope you see the problem. It is not like a Banking App, or some other App you rely on/use daily.
And not as good as many competitors Car Apps.
Platinum White Pearl: e-driving green at last, on R17 Michelin Pilot Sport
A fan of One Pedal Driving max >>> and physical buttons