Honda original armrest

All Honda E related discussions
Highanddry

Post by Highanddry »

Armrest installed by dealer for the offered price ….
Looks a very good fit with the interior and high quality piece, and useful bit of storage room.
Also when sitting on the co-driver seat this can be a nice support.
The slightest bit of wobble moving it left and right but fully acceptable.
All and all, the missing furniture piece for the Honda front sofa and very happy :)

A28C4213-3176-4EF2-904C-7FF9F4ED1DF7.jpeg

99919E25-FE74-4F5B-A7F3-FC7E9158E110.jpeg

FF9E45E7-937D-4D66-9ECB-DED424A1C91D.jpeg

8636F573-C07F-49A6-BA54-25CD371E5B22.jpeg

Last edited by Highanddry on Fri Apr 30, 2021 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fakeplasticman

Post by Fakeplasticman »

Oh man I'd be mega nervous cutting a hole in the seat cloth. I'd be twitching like a rabbits nose.

Looks good though - cant say that I miss the arm rest on my C-class though. In fact I don't miss anything about it and up to the arrival of the E, it was my favourite car!
Marmite

Post by Marmite »

Arm rest arrived early this week, and today the job done!

Seat cover's bottom clips were fiddly (more so for doing up afterwards, than un-doing), hex key were dropped several times (N.B. my hubby has bear pows rather than fingers :lol: ) and I helped to hold position for peeling back the forms/cover etc. Cox motor site has pdf instruction at the bottom of page if anybody interested.

Anyway all done in 20min or so.

Many thanks again for the information Keawon! Using the saved fitting fee £150, we are going out for champagne dinner next week (just after UK rule eases ;) )

IMG_4882copy 2.JPG

IMG_4881.JPG

IMG_4880.JPG

2020 e Advance : Modern Steel Metallic + blue accent :mrgreen:
ajms0288

Post by ajms0288 »

I got my armrest fitted today. Yes dropping the hex key between the seats was my biggest problem, together with not raising the seat to it’s highest setting in order to release the bottom straps. Thankfully I realised my error when reattaching the straps, now with the seat at max height.
So free fitting and £274, inc. postage from Cox Motor Parts.
Only one tiny downside is brushing up against the folded armrest when engaging or disengaging the handbrake switch. 1st world problem! Otherwise very glad I bought it.
Blue Advance 17in. Delivered 11th March 2021. Love it. 1900 miles 3.4m/kWh
Kangoo ZE delivered 1st April 2021. No AC, old school but £150/month plus VAT. 2600 miles 3.9m/kWh
ajms0288

Post by ajms0288 »

Highanddry wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:38 pm Armrest installed by dealer for the offered price ….
Looks a very good fit with the interior and high quality piece, and useful bit of storage room.
Also when sitting on the co-driver seat this can be a nice support.
The slightest bit of wobble moving it left and right but fully acceptable.
All and all, the missing furniture piece for the Honda front sofa and very happy :)
I spotted the ‘Made in Sweden’ badge, nice and unexpected touch. I really enjoyed the challenge of fitting it.
Blue Advance 17in. Delivered 11th March 2021. Love it. 1900 miles 3.4m/kWh
Kangoo ZE delivered 1st April 2021. No AC, old school but £150/month plus VAT. 2600 miles 3.9m/kWh
Marmite

Post by Marmite »

ajms0288 wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 11:08 pm I got my armrest fitted today. Yes dropping the hex key between the seats was my biggest problem, together with not raising the seat to it’s highest setting in order to release the bottom straps. Thankfully I realised my error when reattaching the straps, now with the seat at max height.
So free fitting and £274, inc. postage from Cox Motor Parts.
Only one tiny downside is brushing up against the folded armrest when engaging or disengaging the handbrake switch. 1st world problem! Otherwise very glad I bought it.
Yay!!
:D re. hex key - it was my job to crawl down and reach for retrieval.
Turning "Automatic parking brake feature" on does leaving handbrake switch alone most of the time, though it's your liking.
HondaOdd

Post by HondaOdd »

Hi guys! New Honda E owner here. I'll post a hello message once everythings settled with the car.

I got a little ahead of myself and ordered the Honda E Fabric Armrest from Cox Motorsports.
What I didnt double check, was the bracket that you need to mount on the driver seat.
In Norway we have Left Hand Drive, so I really doubt the bracket is interchangable between the right / left front seats.
My guess is that I require a mirrored bracket for LHD.

Or are they actually interchangable? Can I mount the RHD bracket to my driver seat (left)?

I have not gotten the car yet, but I want to make sure of this so I have everything ready for when it arrives :)
Marmite

Post by Marmite »

Welcome in advance!!

When I ordered the Armrest from Cox, because the website photos were shown LHD style but the title was clearly saying RHD, I queried about it before ordering - they replied they check reg number and send the customer the correct one. So I received RHD. I don't think bracket is interchangeable.

Good luck and looking forward to see the pic of your e!
Yellow e

Post by Yellow e »

After 2 years, mine’s now fallen out of the mounting. I’ve lost the original installation instructions - can anyone post a copy on here.
Advance, Charge Yellow, little wheels, 3pin home charger.
milligoon

Post by milligoon »

Yellow e wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 8:44 pm After 2 years, mine’s now fallen out of the mounting. I’ve lost the original installation instructions - can anyone post a copy on here.

https://www.coxmotorparts.co.uk/wp-cont ... 9-TYF-.pdf
Ex e owner

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post