Startup message

All Honda E related discussions
Highanddry

Post by Highanddry »

Is there a way to disable this coming up every single time?
I am using Apple Carplay in case that makes any difference.

Think the text in the manual on p. 256 is referring to a "Do not show again" in case of not pairing a phone at all.
As don't see such option selecting either button.

startup.jpg

RAL7004

Post by RAL7004 »

I haven't tried it myself yet - someone here in the forum wrote the following (and I copied it to myself at the time):

“Switching off feedback display:
1. Put the vehicle into "ready to drive" mode.
2. Set the temperature condition to "Lo", and put the buttons for vent mode position and air recirculation in the mode as in the pic attached.
3. Switch the Climate control system OFF.
4. Switch the vehicle in OFF mode.
5. Press and hold both the vent mode position button and the air recirculation button.
6. Put the vehicle into "ready to drive" mode (keep the buttons pressed).
7. Keep the buttons pressed until "19.0" is shown in the AC display (first, "31.0" is shown).
8. Release the buttons.

To switch the feedback display back on, the steps are identical, just set the temperature condition to "Hi" in step 2 and release the buttons when "31.0" is shown in step 7.”
Reuben80

Post by Reuben80 »

RAL7004 wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 1:54 pm I haven't tried it myself yet - someone here in the forum wrote the following (and I copied it to myself at the time):

2. Set the temperature condition to "Lo", and put the buttons for vent mode position and air recirculation in the mode as in the pic attached.
5. Press and hold both the vent mode position button and the air recirculation button.
7. Keep the buttons pressed until "19.0" is shown in the AC display (first, "31.0" is shown).
8. Release the buttons.

To switch the feedback display back on, the steps are identical, just set the temperature condition to "Hi" in step 2 and release the buttons when "31.0" is shown in step 7.”
This is for the displays that show everytime you change the AC settings or seats heater. For the start up message I don't know a way to disable it.
milligoon

Post by milligoon »

I find mine goes away if I just put it into drive and move off.
Ex e owner
rickwookie

Post by rickwookie »

Yeah same, I just ignore it now. The system is so laggy at startup anyway that even if I try to click start, it takes a while to register.
RAL7004

Post by RAL7004 »

Reuben80 wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 3:31 pm
This is for the displays that show everytime you change the AC settings or seats heater. For the start up message I don't know a way to disable it.
Ahh — thank you!
They are also a little annoying at first
darrenj1

Post by darrenj1 »

I don't know a way, my Lexus had it too, I think it's regulatory or something
Highanddry

Post by Highanddry »

Thanks to all, so nothing we can do then, other than let it go away after popping up..

Thought I was on to something reading the manual for once !
Reuben80

Post by Reuben80 »

There is a way to do it but not for the Honda e :(
www.autohack.org
toth

Post by toth »

RAL7004 wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 1:54 pm I haven't tried it myself yet - someone here in the forum wrote the following (and I copied it to myself at the time):

8. Release the buttons.

Hey, I'd like to do this, but there are no pics - what mode should vent and circulation be in?

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post