Rattle threads - The collection.

Faults and Technical chat for the Honda E
Fakeplasticman

Post by Fakeplasticman »

MattHero wrote: ↑Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:55 pm At around 500miles mine has developed a rattle somewhere in the passenger door area, on anything other than perfectly smooth roads. Annoying, as all my driving is solo, I can't locate where it is coming from precisely, but I've tried all the obvious trim pieces over there when stationary, but to no avail.
I have now developed the exact same rattle it would seem. Coming from the handle area , had a pole about and there is a plastic cover that hides a screw, but the screw doesnt seem to be mounted to the door metal so not sure if it lets you take off any of the trim. It's much more prevalent and annoying than the RVM rattle.

milligoon

Post by milligoon »

I thought I had passenger door rattle, dealership said it was likely the panel Infront of rear view mirror, so simply pressed that and it went, bonkers I know but what do you have to lose!
Ex e owner
Fakeplasticman

Post by Fakeplasticman »

milligoon wrote: ↑Thu Sep 30, 2021 3:25 pm I thought I had passenger door rattle, dealership said it was likely the panel Infront of rear view mirror, so simply pressed that and it went, bonkers I know but what do you have to lose!
unfortunately I have the rattle from the panel in front of the rear view mirror as well, I can almost put up with that one, but the door one is infuriating - almost like a ruler on a table type "boing" cheers tho
FDAD

Post by FDAD »

Check if the noise goes away if either of theses parts are not in place.

1643722782614.jpg

1643722782578.jpg

First try removing just the small centre piece and then the bigger one.

If the rattle goes away then the solution is Automotive Wiring Harness Tape (the cloth/fabric one)

Just place a strip along the places were the plastic meets another part. Usually this fixes most of the rattles.
Honda E advance [Modern Steel Metallic] 8-) [DELIVERED JULY 2020] - 85 000Kms + βœŒοΈπŸŽ‚
htom

Post by htom »

FDAD wrote: ↑Tue Feb 01, 2022 1:54 pm Check if the noise goes away if either of theses parts are not in place.

1643722782614.jpg
1643722782578.jpg

If the rattle goes away then the solution is Automotive Wiring Harness Tape (the cloth/fabric one)

Just place a strip along the places were the plastic meets another part. Usually this fixes most of the rattles.
Many thanks for sharing this! I was able to fix the rattle with the Automotive Wiring Harness tape (cloth type). Drove the car for more than 300km since - mostly on bumpy backroads and no more rattle from the overhead switch cluster.

Placed the tape (multiple layers) over the marked areas and underneath the yellow clip

honda_plastic.jpg

FDAD

Post by FDAD »

htom wrote: ↑Sun Apr 24, 2022 7:06 pm
FDAD wrote: ↑Tue Feb 01, 2022 1:54 pm Check if the noise goes away if either of theses parts are not in place.

1643722782614.jpg
1643722782578.jpg

Many thanks for sharing this! I was able to fix the rattle with the Automotive Wiring Harness tape (cloth type). Drove the car for more than 300km since - mostly on bumpy backroads and no more rattle from the overhead switch cluster.

Placed the tape (multiple layers) over the marked areas and underneath the yellow clip
πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
Honda E advance [Modern Steel Metallic] 8-) [DELIVERED JULY 2020] - 85 000Kms + βœŒοΈπŸŽ‚

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post