Warrantee Claims

Faults and Technical chat for the Honda E
advance2020

Post by advance2020 »

I'm starting this new topic to help collect data from anyone who has made a successful warrantee claim, via their Dealer. Mainly to help others, but also to build up some stats. Honda UK (and Europe) will know what is going wrong with our cars, but we need to know as well. And please stay on topic here. Don't add minor gripes. You can chat elsewhere.

1. 12V battery replaced
This is most likely the most significant issue so far, and the one I am most interested to learn more about. I have “struggled” since Dec 2021 to get my 12V to hold a good State of Charge, and it was only once I installed a Battery Monitor that I could really understand what was going on. Measuring Voltage only does not give you the full picture. I have owned since 06 Aug 2020 now at 13250 miles.

So if you have had to get your 12V replaced, please add your comments. We only want to hear from those who have suffered, and may be close to making a similar claim.
A sick 12V is a nightmare.

So far I know:-
Joolsdc - had 12V replaced very early, because Dealer killed it during attempts to get eSIM connected to MyHonda+ app
Malcs - has reported 12V battery failure here. viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1176&p=12557#p12557
Aphylotus - reported here Dec 09, 2020 that his 12V died after only 600km 3 weeks. “Charging of 12V Battery” search.php?author_id=283&sr=posts
Abbe - she has also had her 12V replaced recently viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1180

There is a pattern building up here.

2. Keyless Remote Sensor in Door pillar
I have had this replaced March 2022* 12474 miles, and I know Joolsdc has.
Others have reported faults, and maybe lived with it
*warning symbol first appeared Feb 2021. Had Dealer “reset” and it was OK until 2022.

Note: if you do have it replaced, ensure your Dealer requests a new Black Glass panel, that they have to remove from Drivers door pillar. It can't be replaced, so needs a NEW PART in addition to Sensor, and this was not specified by Honda UK procedure.

Please add comment, if you have had Sensor replaced. Mileage, kilometres, age.
Platinum White Pearl: e-driving green at last, on R17 Michelin Pilot Sport
A fan of One Pedal Driving max >>> and physical buttons

FDAD

Post by FDAD »

I've had...
- charge assembly replacement (plastic assembly had issues)
- rear metal clip support for cover replacement (rust)
- infotainment replacement (the first replacement all black screens no audio.. nothing)
- both taillights replaced (plenty of ash like dust inside the assemblies, probably something to do with the glue)
- Front driver side window elevator assembly adjusted/replaced (loud screeching sound from window going up the last cm)

All replaced without questions (except charge assembly, had to take pictures to prove I hadn't crashed the front of the car).

I'm happy about the way Honda treated all of the replacements.
Last edited by FDAD on Tue Jul 26, 2022 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Honda E advance [Modern Steel Metallic] 8-) [DELIVERED JULY 2020] - 85 000Kms + ✌️🎂
Onthecharge

Post by Onthecharge »

Had to call Honda Roadside Assistance 5 xTime due to flat 12 v battery told each time battery was ok ! Eventually had to have strong words with the dealer principal the have now fitted a new battery from Honda parts, fingers crossed all will be ok now. Also had 2x door handles + 3 attempts to fix satnav fault ( just stopped working for no apparent reason. Still love the car though
londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson »

I've had the following 2 items replaced under warranty:
  1. Window Switch (driver's door)
  2. Door handle (driver's door)
2022 Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's - 08/2020-Current
2015 VW Tiguan (Pure White) - 04/2018-Current
1991 Honda Beat PP1 (Festival Red) - 11/2022-Current
Billstockportuk

Post by Billstockportuk »

I've had the dashboard screen replaced as a vertical line of pixels stopped working.

P1070348-1600.jpg

nyx

Post by nyx »

I had the granny charger replaced as it wasn’t working.
keithr

Post by keithr »

I've had the driver's door handle replaced under warranty (due to a problem with the window not closing properly).

Currently I'm without the car (11 days so far) while the dealer and Honda technicians are investigsting why the car won't charge the battery pack (neither AC nor DC charging). This was following my last charge when for some reason it tripped my Pod Point charge point when the car had reached 99% SOC.
Last edited by keithr on Mon Jul 25, 2022 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
keithr

Post by keithr »

keithr wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 1:00 pm Currently I'm without the car (11 days so far) while the dealer and Honda technicians are investigsting why the car won't charge the battery pack (neither AC nor DC charging). This was following my last charge when for some reason it tripped my Pod Point charge point when the car had reached 99% SOC.
My car has now been fixed (it took 19 days). They had to involve engineers back in Japan, which was partly why it took so long. The failed component was a 'charge unit'. Apparantly there are several 'charge units'; the one that failed is a water-cooled unit that sits directly under the charge port (so they told me). I don't think that it's a unit that has failed on other cars, but if the car was out of warranty it would have cost about £2,000 to replace it (plus labour costs on top of that?). Luckily there was one in stock in Belgium, otherwise waiting for shipment from Japan would probably have added another 3 weeks to the repair time.

I had excellent service from the dealer, who supplied me with a Jazz Crosstar (hybrid) for the whole 19 days, they washed and vacuum cleaned the car, and were willing to deliver it back to me, but I preferred to pick it up myself. So there was very little inconvenience to me and the only cost was petrol for the Jazz (at 60 - 70mpg), offset by the car being returned to me with 89% SOC compared to the 48% when I dropped it at the dealers.
Onthecharge

Post by Onthecharge »

2 x Replacement door handles pop out at random but car is not unlocked. No key or phone present have spoken to dealer promised to get back to me.( Not holding my breath)
ZoeDave

Post by ZoeDave »

I know that after posting this all four wheels will fall off and the charging flap will eat my non-existent dog, but I've done pretty well so far. The only part needed was the inside door trim inside the crevice for the handle on a rear door. The original was not clipping in properly and I thought that superglue was a bad idea. The dealer needed reminding, but they sent out the part to me which saved a great deal of faff, despite the arduous 30 seconds of manual labour I had to endure.

I did have a TPMS warning a couple of days ago, with only a max of 2psi difference between all the tyres, but it seems to have sorted itself out - is it really that sensitive?

My lack of problems may just be down to still not breaking 2000 miles, but also maybe Honda fixed a few supplier and production issues in the year or more between starting selling the car and mine being made?